E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched the forums, looked at my Bentley Pub. manual, looked at my car, and can't quite figure out the best way to pull my fog lights to replace the bulbs.

The car is an early 2002 model, 330i, with the sport package. Thank you! I'm the kind of person who is careful about just pulling things apart for fear of breaking things, so maybe it's simple, but I'm just scared to do it :hmm:

Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Registered
105 Posts
Those are the same fogs as on the Mtech II, so I'd guess that, like the Mtech II, you just pop out the plastic surrounding the fog light, remove a screw (or two) to pull out the whole fog light housing, & then remove the bulb from the back of the housing.

This diagram should help; gently pop out part 12 & you should be able to see how to proceed.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Those are the same fogs as on the Mtech II, so I'd guess that, like the Mtech II, you just pop out the plastic surrounding the fog light, remove a screw (or two) to pull out the whole fog light housing, & then remove the bulb from the back of the housing.

This diagram should help; gently pop out part 12 & you should be able to see how to proceed.
Thank you!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Any idea how to replace these fog lights? I've searched and couldn't find anything either (sorry for hi-jacking the thread!)

Thanks!

·
Registered
402 Posts
Any idea how to replace these fog lights? I've searched and couldn't find anything either (sorry for hi-jacking the thread!)
Thanks!
Go in through the plastic wheel well liner - you can turn your steering wheel all the way to the right and get to the left driving light. Vice-versa for the right driving light. I've seen some DIYs where guys just remove the wheel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts