E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Bored on youtube and came across this video, thought it was pretty cool, i definitely want to give it a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5pq_Z-5VtU

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts and opinions on this process, and if anyone has done it, which products do you use?

thanks in advance :thumbup:
This is fine as a pre wash (get surface dirt off prior to washing with a mitt) or a really quick wash if the car is pretty much clean already but you can't replace your entire wash with this, you still need to use a mitt to and some sudds afterwards if you want a proper clean.

I use FI Body Shampoo. Pretty much just use it in a bucket most of the time, if my car is really dirty i'll spray it on each panel first and high pressure rinse it off then continue with my normal wash.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is fine as a pre wash (get surface dirt off prior to washing with a mitt) or a really quick wash if the car is pretty much clean already but you can't replace your entire wash with this, you still need to use a mitt to and some sudds afterwards if you want a proper clean.

I use FI Body Shampoo. Pretty much just use it in a bucket most of the time, if my car is really dirty i'll spray it on each panel first and high pressure rinse it off then continue with my normal wash.
Thanks Declan, atleast someone has some knowledge on this!
I just made an account on FI website and ordered that Body Shampoo spray, Gloss booster spray and a couple differnt micro fibre cloths.

when you say that you use it in the bucket... do you mean just pour it in the bucket and use it as normal body wash soap?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have nerver seen a foam applicator which uses the full pressure. The foam applicator on my Karchner preassure cleaner can only use low pressure. There is no option to use it under high pressure?

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Thanks Declan, atleast someone has some knowledge on this!
I just made an account on FI website and ordered that Body Shampoo spray, Gloss booster spray and a couple differnt micro fibre cloths.

when you say that you use it in the bucket... do you mean just pour it in the bucket and use it as normal body wash soap?
I squirt it about 8 times into the bucket and then fill it up. If I were you I'd send them an e-mail saying you want to add some Power Wheel Cleaner and some Leather Feed to your order. 2 fantastic products!

The PWC makes cleaning wheels (even aftermarket wheels) a cinch, it literally saved me about 30 seconds per wheel per wash. If you wash your car regularly you can get away with spraying PWC on and high pressure rinsing off but I always give a quick once over with my old mitt for good measure (takes about 5 seconds).

The leather feed is a great product, moisturises your leather, smells great and most importantly gives it a matt finish. The purchaser of my car was impressed by the condition of the leather and I owe that to Leather Feed.

And no, I don't work for Final Inspection, just another very happy customer :)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
I have nerver seen a foam applicator which uses the full pressure. The foam applicator on my Karchner preassure cleaner can only use low pressure. There is no option to use it under high pressure?
Yeah likewise. I have an adjustable pressure attachment and the foam only comes out when it's on the lowest pressure. Don't really think it makes much difference though, the idea is just to get suds on the car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is how I wash mine. I also do a bit of detailing on the side and use the same method on my customers cars, foam the car once, let it dwell, rinse, then foam again and wash with a microfiber mitt, this eliminates the need for the 2 bucket method, you only require a rinse bucket as the shampoo is already on the car.

I use the Autobrite Foam Lance and Optimum Car Wash Shampoo, foams up great! Even more than in the video.

I would definitely recommend getting one and can also vouch for the ones sold on eBay, a mate bought one off there after seeing mine in action and it is pretty much identical but $30 cheaper than the Autobrite I purchased.

Great fun too!

I also use FI PWC and Leather Feed, as Declan said......outstanding products.

·
The Weekend Detailer
366 Posts
Bored on youtube and came across this video, thought it was pretty cool, i definitely want to give it a try.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5pq_Z-5VtU

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts and opinions on this process, and if anyone has done it, which products do you use?

thanks in advance :thumbup:
As Declan has already said, this is basically a pre wash and shouldn't be the only step in your washing process.

There are more aggressive products you can apply in the washing stage to remove deeper contaminants, but ultimately you need to be using the 2 bucket wash method on your paintwork. FI products are good too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.