E46 Fanatics Forum banner

flying to LA to pickup my '03 330 Coupe today!

2K views 28 replies 19 participants last post by  fastfour 
#1 ·
Hey everybody! I will officially be joining the ranks of the E46 Fanatics today! I'm flying from Las Vegas to Los Angeles to pickup my 2003 330 Coupe from Nick Alexander Imports in LA. I've been waiting on this car since Jan 10 when we found it on a boat destined for Washington State. It's currently sitting on the showroom floor, I will post some pics of it tonite when I get back =)

Specs:
Steel Gray Metallic
Black Leather
18" M rims
Premium Pkg
Sport Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Bi-Xenon
5-Spd

Paying:
3 Yr lease, $42,570 (MSRP)
$3500 Down, $527/month - 12k Miles

Can't Wait!!! Time to start saving for some mods!!

#9 ·
well, i left out the navi... i know 2 guys in LA with '01 and '02 M3s respectively.. they both have navi and they both said they never use, so for 2G I passed on it, I know my way around Vegas =) As for the cold weather pkg, I didn't want that either.. but because that car is apparently hard to find ( i went to 3 dealers lookin for it ) i had to bite it and just get it with the cold pkg.

The guy I know who just bought his '02 M3 was leasing an '00 328 coupe before, and he has a set of 19" ACS rims and suspension with new perelli tires on them. he said he paid $5200 for everything and he said he'll sell them to me for 1/2 price.... so I'm considering that but I paid an extra G for the 18" M rims, so I'm not sure...

yea I can't wait to take some pics of it on the showroom floor, my salesman guy told me its gonna be out there i hope so!!

#10 ·
ive been dealing with "dave watson" from Nick.. I know a guy who sells cars for Infinity in Bevery Hills, he hooked up the deal I guess a guy he knows there owes him a favor. The first deal I worked out in Vegas was $3500 down, $603 a month and they were going to throw in all 4+back tinted windows and floormats.. i know most places give them anyways, but i dunno. heh

#11 ·
how much taxes do you have to pay?

since you live in vegas and bought in cali... isn't vegas tax much lower than cali tax?

great car, btw :thumbup:

#12 ·
well i dont know the taxes situation for sure, but one guy there told me I was paying the 7% NV tax, another guy said I can't do that have to pay the 8.25% CA tax... so I'm going down my with my salesman friend let him handle it =) One thing for sure is tho that registration in NV is expensive! And the insurance requirements are higher. It's gonna be $990 to register car in NV vs. $320 in CA. And the minimum insurance requirements are 15G/30G (1 & 2 ppl coverage) in NV vs. 10G in CA (not 100% sure on the CA #)

Also, I'm getting some stereo equipment from my guy at http://www.cbrstereo.com I did a small database application for him (im a web programmer) and he's gonna hook me up with 2 x 12" kicker compVR12 speakers, kicker 600.1 amp (with speaker level inputs from the HK amp), and a box for $220 =) He has good prices, if u guys need any equipment check it out.

#13 ·
break in procedure:

"Up to 1200 miles: Constantly vary both engine and vehicle speed, remembering not to exceed 4500rpm or 100mph during this period."

This may prove to be a hard task given your new e46 and that long stretch of dessert highway. :thumbup:

#15 ·
RE:

adt said:
break in procedure:

"Up to 1200 miles: Constantly vary both engine and vehicle speed, remembering not to exceed 4500rpm or 100mph during this period."

This may prove to be a hard task given your new e46 and that long stretch of dessert highway. :thumbup:
Hey thanks for the info! I guess you can drive your car back to Vegas in 3.5 hours now, just don't go over 4500 rpms.

#19 ·
slikk66 said:
Hey everybody! I will officially be joining the ranks of the E46 Fanatics today! I'm flying from Las Vegas to Los Angeles to pickup my 2003 330 Coupe from Nick Alexander Imports in LA. I've been waiting on this car since Jan 10 when we found it on a boat destined for Washington State. It's currently sitting on the showroom floor, I will post some pics of it tonite when I get back =)

Specs:
Steel Gray Metallic
Black Leather
18" M rims
Premium Pkg
Sport Pkg
Cold Weather Pkg
Bi-Xenon
5-Spd

Paying:
3 Yr lease, $42,570 (MSRP)
$3500 Down, $527/month - 12k Miles

Can't Wait!!! Time to start saving for some mods!!
That's a pretty good deal! Is $527 including tax?

#20 ·
actually =( I just got off the phone with my salesman buddy again.. theres been a slight change in the deal heh.. the $527 deal is for 12k miles/yr with NV sales tax.. but they just told me I'd have to take delivery in NV to get that.. so if I take delivery in CA (which I'd have to do unless I pay to deliver NV) I have to pay 8.25% bringing it to $536.69/mo Then, I have to add on the extra $600 or so to reg it in NV... so breaks down like this... register car in CA ~$536/mo, register it in NV ~$550/mo, and what they first told me (which isn't possible) would be register it in CA with NV sales tax ~$527/mo

all those prices are tax included... so looks like $550/mo oh well, stil pretty good, my NV deal was $603 at the local dealer, so $50/mo cheaper..

plus my plane ticket to LA was $100 hehe, who knows... at this point im just glad im gettin it today.

#21 ·
hmmm.. why didnt u get an m3 instead ? prolly $150 more per month :dunno:

#23 ·
well, u gotta draw the line somewhere.... my buddy who just got the '02 M3 put down like 7G, and he's doin $720/mo for 4 yrs... plus more insurance, more gas etc... believe me I would love to but $150/mo extra is the price of some ppls car payment.... alot to be just thrown on top of an already $500+/mo payment

i think i'll be just fine with a fresh off the boat 2003 330

#26 ·
Sweetness!

There is a break in period for the car. It's 1200 miles as well.

Also, I don't think letting the stock oil inside your car for 10k-15k miles is a good idea. I changed mine at 4800.

Otherwise, congrats on the car, and since we are showing baby pictures, I'll post one as well. :)

Awwwww

dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.