BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
18,541 Posts
any of you guys worry about this since you don't have a full size spare?
why worry? if you have a donut, that works completely fine as a temporary replacement......

:dunno:

this thread just jinxed me btw.......... i had the WORST luck with tires on my last car......... so far in the past 14 months w/ the bimmer, no problems at all....... probably until tonight haha

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yep, I think about it every time my tire flat light (and its not) and beep come on. I like the idea of carrying around the donut. Don't really want to experience a run flat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just call BMW and they arrive with a big yellow truck!!!

But only first two years of ownership, after that....??? We'll see!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Nope... don't worry... I have ///M Mobility kit (you know... the $300 can of fix-a-flat).:idea:

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just call BMW and they arrive with a big yellow truck!!!

But only first two years of ownership, after that....??? We'll see!!
You just hope they can fix the tire there on the spot. Have you seen a M3 go on a flatbed? You better start walking because you are NOT going to like seeing the front lip ride up the ramp!

Fix a flat and an air compressor are your best friend! Just plan on going to a local tire repair shop! Better yet, have a spare at your house. I picked up a M3 tire and rim for $70 from a salvage shop from someone who wrapped theirs around some large object. Only 1 rim was salvageable and the tire is pretty beat but holds air. If I lose a tire and can't fix it with fix a flat, I'll call the wife to pick me up or better yet drop off the spare rim and tire and drive to a tire repair center. Flat bed is the LAST resort!

·
Registered
103 Posts
back tire is ruined

I had plenty of tread left but I picked up a nail in the side wall. Discount tire qouted me $700 for both rears (conti's). That is just the price of the tires with tax (not including road hazard). I was thinking of buying from the tire rack but unsure, please advise

·
Registered
100 Posts
You just hope they can fix the tire there on the spot. Have you seen a M3 go on a flatbed? You better start walking because you are NOT going to like seeing the front lip ride up the ramp!

Fix a flat and an air compressor are your best friend! Just plan on going to a local tire repair shop! Better yet, have a spare at your house. I picked up a M3 tire and rim for $70 from a salvage shop from someone who wrapped theirs around some large object. Only 1 rim was salvageable and the tire is pretty beat but holds air. If I lose a tire and can't fix it with fix a flat, I'll call the wife to pick me up or better yet drop off the spare rim and tire and drive to a tire repair center. Flat bed is the LAST resort!
Smart.

the mental pic I got of a some fat dude winching my M up on a truck.. :eek:mg:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I dont need run-flats, or a spare - I have 19's! I'll just keep driving until the rubber is completely gone off the rim. It might not handle as well, and it might be a bit rough but it should last until next payday.

J/K - but no, I've never thought about it enough to worry.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
I have OEM 18" and 19" wheels. I was actually considering keeping one of the wheels in the trunk, just in case. The only thing thats stopping me is the added weight in the trunk.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts