E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I managed to break the arm of the leveling sensor during the control arm bushing install. After searching here i see that it is a common problem that people are having during suspension work. I've seen suggestions to glue the arm together but a lot of people said that this method usually does not hold up. Well, i thought of this little trick so hopefully it will work a little better.

Picture below should be pretty clear. Basically i glued the arm together and then put a zip tie around it, made sure it was really tight and glued then it to the arm. This should make the whole assembly stronger and hopefully i won't need to buy the whole new sensor just because of this small broken piece.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Did the same here now and it seems to hold up fine for now. Mine was broken in two over the hollow metal "hole" at the end of the plastic arm (had the car in a indie shop for replacing dampers and springs and they broke the front sensor arm...). Used a zip tie same as OP and also liberal amounts of epoxy glue.

The price for a new sensor with arm was around 200USD here in Norway...therefore the DIY...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts