BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Weird, I just found out that one-touch opening of driver's window doesn't work. Closing - works. Passenger door - works (opening and closing). Driver's - only one-touch closing works. Opening works as usual, while you are lifting the switch up.
I checked with PA Soft 1.4 - the checkbox for autoopening is set. I removed it, when set back - nothing. Changes with passenger door are instant: I can see that I am turning auto-opening/closing. Auto-closing for driver's door is also "turnoffable". But auto-opening - nah. What's wrong?
FYI, This doesn't change anything

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I played with INPA, tested window regulator. If I send a command by INPA the window goes up and down with no problems. Moreover, I found a screen where they draw states of the switch ("open" - "close"). Thus, when auto up/down occurs on working side I see that both of these states are set (two black dots are drawn). Same happens when I roll up the driver's window by one touch - both dots become black for short period of time. But when I try to roll the driver's side window down by one touch I see only one black dot at "open". Seems to me the issue is in switch.... Thank God I can get it for just $35 from www.bmwmercedesparts.com

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I believe you can use INPA to simulate the button press. Try it and see if the window responds properly?

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I'm having the exact same problem with my driver's side window. I had a power glitch in the car and had to reinitialize both windows. The passenger one works up and down now, but the driver's side only does auto-down and not up. It's driving me crazy. Keep us updated if the new switch makes it work.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FIXED. Price - $0. Just disassembled the switch and cleaned contacts. That is it.
Plus, I've done modification for one-touch vent windows closing, by using shadowcatxx87 DIY (thanks a lot, man!):
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=783164
Coding I've done by P.A.Soft 1.4.0.
Some pics:

P.S. I found out that one of the buttons is cracked (plastic). Nothing critical (yet), but would like to replace the plastic part of the button eventually. If someone has non-functioning window switch (regardless sedan or coupe, driver's or passenger's side), I'd be happy to get it from you for cheap.

·
Registered
139 Posts
My compact passenger window doesn't auto up, drivers side does and i've tried initialising them again and a new pass side window switch. I'm guessing its needing coded?

·
Registered
294 Posts
hate to revive and ancient thread but im having htis exact same issue! My driver window switch broke, so i ordered this one off of ebay. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/261526465392?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

It matches the original button pretty well and seems to fit correctly. however my auto window down function doesnt work but the auto up does. i do feel the second stage "click" in the button but its a no go. Im going to attempt this fix and see if it works. Anyone else have this issue and solve it?

·
Registered
42 Posts
I thought I had this issue when replacing my regulators, but I realized that the auto feature only seemed to work if the door was closed. I guess that is normal. Works for me either way.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I was working on the passenger door panel, just replacing old broken clips to get rid of a rattle noise. After, the window will go down on auto, however the auto-up isn't working.
I'm gonna take the switch apart and do a little cleaning. I already tried one method of resetting the up feature.

·
Registered
155 Posts
can anyone report back on this? Ive tried 2 sets of switches and find it hard to believe both of them are bad.
Passenger Rear Auto down Ok, Auto up Not working.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ohh i discovered there is a wire running down the inside if the inner door weather strip. i guess its a "pinch sensor" that indacates when ther window is up.
Anyway that was unplugged. plugged it back in and now it works.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Fixed my window switch today

My auto-down window switch driver's side was not working. Auto-up worked.

I was in the console changing the shift lever to the shorter shifter from the 545i. While in there, I thought I'd swap the window switch buttons to see if the switch was the problem versus the modulator. Well, the switches can't be swapped from driver to passenger side. The wire connectors are different. I didn't realize that until the wires were disconnected. After reconnecting the wires to put it back together, the driver's side auto-down now works correctly. Success!:excited:

$0 fix. Just reconnect the wire onto the switch. It was a connectivity issue, not a switch or modulator problem. I didn't even clean the connectors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi I have a similar issue with my drivers window, my one touch down works but not up. Also holding the lock button on my key closes all the windows but not the drivers one so I don***8217;t see how this can be the button? Any ideas? Did those of you having issues also try with their key remote?

·
Premium Member
3,488 Posts
Joburgtaxi, read the fault codes from the ZKE module (aka general module, GM, body control module). I suspect there is a pinch strip fault for the window that isn’t doing auto up. Also, you need to post what body style. Convertibles work differently than sedan, coupes and wagons.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

1 - 20 of 20 Posts