BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i checked a few threads around the place but they didn't really give insightful answers. There's a couple genuine e92 M3 exhausts around and i'm curious of the process it will take to fit it to my 2008 n54 335i.

Has anyone done this before or can give me any advice/information?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I would not use any stock exhaust. Number one, they weigh a lot more than aftermarket or BMW Performance parts. Number two, a lot of parts on an M3 won't fit other models, so unless you enjoy fabrication of joints or paying someone to do it, it is a risk you might have to do, and it still might not work. If the exhaust pipes are the same size and the underside of the car is laid out similar, it might work, but why take the risk?

I just replaced my E91 stock exhaust and resonator with a Magnaflow cat back system made and fitted by a local muffler shop. At less than $650, the whole thing was less than the cost of a BMW Performance muffler. The stock muffler weighed at least 50 pounds and the replacement was probably half that. It is a little noisier than I thought. I did not put a Magnaflow resonator on it, but I might go back and add that, unless I get used to hearing the car growl the moment I crank it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would not use any stock exhaust. Number one, they weigh a lot more than aftermarket or BMW Performance parts. Number two, a lot of parts on an M3 won't fit other models, so unless you enjoy fabrication of joints or paying someone to do it, it is a risk you might have to do, and it still might not work. If the exhaust pipes are the same size and the underside of the car is laid out similar, it might work, but why take the risk?

I just replaced my E91 stock exhaust and resonator with a Magnaflow cat back system made and fitted by a local muffler shop. At less than $650, the whole thing was less than the cost of a BMW Performance muffler. The stock muffler weighed at least 50 pounds and the replacement was probably half that. It is a little noisier than I thought. I did not put a Magnaflow resonator on it, but I might go back and add that, unless I get used to hearing the car growl the moment I crank it.
Ahk no worries at all. Thanks for your advice and good stuff on getting the Magnaflow cat back system, hope its going well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts