E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying some Apex Arc-8's from a local seller. They are 18x19.5 square set up with 35mm offset. The tires are 245/40/18.

My current wheels are style 79's which are 17x7 and the tires are 205/50/17.

Would the Apex Arc-8's work. I have tried using a couple different calculators online and it seems they would. Just wanted to see if someone on here knew for sure.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Probably won't work up front. You are probably going to have clearance issues between the wheels and your suspension, and with the tires and your fender. You probably will need a spacer up front, which will compound the tire clearance issue to your fender. Rolled fenders, negative camber, stretched tires are going to be the only way up front. Out back you have a bit more clearance, but still will probably have to make them fit with smaller tires, or some camber, or rolled fenders.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Probably won't work up front. You are probably going to have clearance issues between the wheels and your suspension, and with the tires and your fender. You probably will need a spacer up front, which will compound the tire clearance issue to your fender. Rolled fenders, negative camber, stretched tires are going to be the only way up front. Out back you have a bit more clearance, but still will probably have to make them fit with smaller tires, or some camber, or rolled fenders.
Yeah this is what I was afraid of. I would rather fit wheels to the car then fit the car to wheels.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You need something like 18x8.5 et35 front, 18x9.5 et40 out back then.
Shouldn't I just go square 8.5 since I have an XI?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Usually that is bets, on an XI, as you want to keep your overall tire diameter exactly the same, front to back.
Do you have any wheels you would recommend. Not just fitment specs but actual wheels. I have been shopping around and don't know what to buy. I would like something similar to vmr vb3s or the apex arc 8 and around the price range of 1k with tires used.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I found another set of wheels I am interested in and wondering about fitment. Here is the link http://atlanta.craigslist.org/nat/pts/4412294230.html They are style 67. I asked the guy for exact wheel and tire specs and am waiting for a response. So far does it look like they could fit. 275 in the rear is crazy wide but we will see once I get full specs.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The rears are aggressive 18x9 et26. Going to need work to fit them out back, especially with 275 tires on them.
Where do you think I would need work. I know they would stick out about 2.2 more inches but I don't think that will hit the fender since I have an XI and the well is pretty massive.

The exact specs for tires is 245/40 et 47 front 275/40 et 26 rear. Front wheels are 18x8 and rear wheels are 18x9

·
Registered
532 Posts
I don't think the XI wheel wells are any bigger than a regular sedan. You might be able to fit those rear wheels with a 245 tire on stock suspension with out any negative camber or rolled fenders. If you plan on keeping the supplied tires on the wheels, I don't think the rears are going to fit.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't think the XI wheel wells are any bigger than a regular sedan. You might be able to fit those rear wheels with a 245 tire on stock suspension with out any negative camber or rolled fenders. If you plan on keeping the supplied tires on the wheels, I don't think the rears are going to fit.
Alright well thanks for your help. What I meant by bigger wheel well was since the ride height is higher on the XI I think the wheel would have room to go under the fender in the back rather than hitting it. We will see though, I could be completely wrong. I'm going to check out the wheels this weekend and see if they fit. Thanks again

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.