BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got an e46 1999 323i and i want some new wheels for it. I've seen a guy with corvette sawblades on his car and i've found a set from a 1990 vette for a great price. I know i'll need adapters for the lug patter but is that it? What else will i need?
17x9.5 all the way around +56 offset

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Don't bother. Wheels for a BMW need to be hub centric. That is, the hub on the wheel bearing and the opening on the wheel need to fit very snugly. Otherwise the wheel will shift around the hub.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't bother. Wheels for a BMW need to be hub centric. That is, the hub on the wheel bearing and the opening on the wheel need to fit very snugly. Otherwise the wheel will shift around the hub.
But I know it has worked and people have set ups so it works. Looking for those people who have done it.

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
If I cant get help on the vette wheels then what wheels do you guys suggest that i can get cheap
What exactly does "cheap" mean ? And what exact size are you looking for ??

$500 ? $1000 ?? $1500 ???

Rob43

·
Registered
8,015 Posts
If OP is looking at sawblades then cheap is south of your first number.
Yep.

But I'd like to hear this from the horses mouth, plus my wheel size question is equally important.

Rob43

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hub centric is definitely nice, but even without centric rings, you can pretty easily roll center a wheel. Heck, some wheels like California hubs don't even have centers and you can still center them fine.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts