E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I'm starting this thread because I (a first time wheel buyer) just recently bought a used set of SSR GT3's from a fellow fanatic. On his for sale thread he had a few pictures of the wheels, some on his car and some off. The wheels looked like they were in great condition!!! So I called him asked some questions about them and so on. He SAID all the rims were in good condition just needed to be polished and none were warped or bent. To make a long story short I just received them today. When the ups truck showed up this morning at my work this is how i felt:excited: Like a kid on christmas morning I ripped through the shrink wrap looked at the first wheel and in an instant i felt like this:ben: All four rims were badly damaged on the edge of the lips and looked like a 5 year old tried tried to fix them with a fisher price power tool of some sort :banghead: One front rim is bent in 2 places :censor: So I realized I made the mistake of not asking the seller to take closeup pictures of each individual rim FRONT and BACK and just taking his word. This person is a very active member here too. Please chime in guys on what I should do!! Should I request a partial refund??

·
Registered
71 Posts
How much were they?

Let me guess... $1500 ?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Did you contact the seller? Do you have pictures of the wheels in the current condition? There is no reason you should have to pay for a set of wheels that are damaged unless he was upfront with detailed pics and agreed to buy a set of junk wheels. Sounds like a pretty shady seller trying to get rid of some junk. Hope it all works out for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I paid $1050 including shipping. Got tires with the rims. The fronts were supposed to have 50 to 60% of life left.... they're shot... 1 rear tire looks fairly new. The other is shot. Yeah I tried to contact the seller... no answer....go figure. Orient I actually read that while I was waiting for my wheels to come in. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. I don't want to see the rims again today.. They make me want to vomit

·
Registered
94 Posts
How did you pay? Hopefully by cc / paypal? Give the seller a few days to respond... if he doesn't respond or make it right then process a chargeback / state that the wheels were falsely sold as in good condition. Keep a record of all correspondence with the seller & pictures in the event your cc requires them. Goodluck op.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought an oem set of 19" m3 wheels that looked great a couple of years ago for about $850...was told they were original.....and was really happy at how great they looked on the surface, until I took the car to a car wash which pressure hosed the surface paint right off....turns out they were poorly refinished crap with poor preparation for the refinishing.

·
Registered
92 Posts
True dat... if you were hornswaggled by an ornery yeller-belly, post up his information to help protect others of the E46 community from any future dealings with him/her. It's not "flaming" when you are objective and can back it up with pictures and/or written correspondance. No sane E46 enthusiast would knowingly lay out money for bent rims.

In the future...one piece of advice is to purchase from someone local and ask for a personal meet-up to exchange. I'm in the market for wheels and I've been getting emails from London and have to wonder if the seller is legit! hahaha!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm gonna give the seller a couple days to possibly work this out w/ me before I put him on blast. But either way I'll keep everyone posted. I know he's not selling anything at the moment so no need to worry. When it comes to big purchases(especially wheels) it's always a good idea to buy locally... Unfortunately for me I had to learn the hard way and bought some junk from across the country. It's ironic to me because I've always thought of myself to be a very smart consumer. So buyers use ur heads and be extremely cautious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts