BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2006 330i. She's a beautiful ride, but has recently started having issues. Driving home the other night my engine overheating indicator light came on. After that the car wouldn't accelerate past 3200rpm. This morning I checked my coolant level and it was just about bone dry. This is after I just filled it up about a month ago. I'm not seeing any evidence of a leak either. What could be the issue??

·
Registered
2 Posts
I recently purchased a 2006 330i. She's a beautiful ride, but has recently started having issues. Driving home the other night my engine overheating indicator light came on. After that the car wouldn't accelerate past 3200rpm. This morning I checked my coolant level and it was just about bone dry. This is after I just filled it up about a month ago. I'm not seeing any evidence of a leak either. What could be the issue??
Check for codes and have your water pump looked at. Just had mine replaced, similar symptoms.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Yeah I would say water pump, and while your doing that do the thermostat. Because it will also fail sooner than you think.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
439 Posts
How many miles your 330 have?

Its pump fail most likely, won't be cheap unless u diy it. Even then it won't be cheap.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts