BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have already had a broken diff mount. Which I had taken care of. But i have over looked a serious issue. Sub frame is now tearing near the Wheel well under the car. This car has never been in an accident before and theres no way a sub frame is a wear and tear item. But its giving now.

Anyone with a 3, I would recommend you go out and look VERY carefully under the whole rear of the car and check for subframe tears. I just noticed mine after checking if my diff mount is holding up.

Something needs to be done about this. I will start a patition thread against BMW. For those of us who are out of warranty we will not spend thousands on repairs. BMW has to take action. If you can not have this problem fixxed i strongly suggest selling your car before it becomes a larger issue for you and ends up costing you an arm and a leg to fix.

Attachments

·
Registered
205 Posts
Man that sucks big time. I'm gonna go check mine now as you've got me sufficiently worried. It'd be good to start a petition just in case.

·
alfisti & bimmer fan
2,098 Posts
hummm, do a search someone collect a list a few months ago.

this start whit the 323/328 99-00, now is affecting the 325/330 01 and a few M3s..

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BattleWagon said:
What are the non-visual symptoms...clunking noises in the rear, vibrations, bad handling in corners? Thanks,
Sounds of metal rubbing agaisnt each other, sounds kinda like twisting metal. Vibrations, loose feel when cornering. The obvious stuff..

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I Once Took Mine In For Cpo Warranty And Told Me '' Hit Object On Highway''. Wtf!! I Never Ran Any Type Of Debris On The Highway. Ne Ways I Got An Estimate For $3800.oo At Local Body Shop.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PS323CI said:
I Once Took Mine In For Cpo Warranty And Told Me '' Hit Object On Highway''. Wtf!! I Never Ran Any Type Of Debris On The Highway. Ne Ways I Got An Estimate For $3800.oo At Local Body Shop.
ouch...

and no my car is not under warranty any more..

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
02BMW330ci said:
Well, I have already had a broken diff mount. Which I had taken care of. But i have over looked a serious issue. Sub frame is now tearing near the Wheel well under the car. This car has never been in an accident before and theres no way a sub frame is a wear and tear item. But its giving now.

Anyone with a 3, I would recommend you go out and look VERY carefully under the whole rear of the car and check for subframe tears. I just noticed mine after checking if my diff mount is holding up.

Something needs to be done about this. I will start a patition thread against BMW. For those of us who are out of warranty we will not spend thousands on repairs. BMW has to take action. If you can not have this problem fixxed i strongly suggest selling your car before it becomes a larger issue for you and ends up costing you an arm and a leg to fix.
how the **** does something like this happen to a 60 thousand dollar car :wtf: :bs: :bs: :mad:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Can someone describe exactly where i should be looking for this sort of problems? I've seen it in pictures, but it's hard to tell what is that actually a picture off. Do i have to take the wheel off etc. I have ramps so i can put the rear end of the car on that. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
my subframe just went on me should i keep driving my car liek that until i fix it?
NO, once it tears it has lost a HUGH amount of it's structural integrity and can progress RAPIDLY and unpredictably. You have no real idea how fast it will spread or when it will "give". The suspension components need a strong support base to work properly. The car's handling can become unpredictable quickly. If it happens to "give" while you are comming down a fast reducing radius corner and a semi is traveling in the opposite direction.......well that's kind of a worse case but you get the drift.....no pun intended

·
Registered
9,592 Posts
my subframe just went on me should i keep driving my car liek that until i fix it?
I'm glad you searched for the issue you are having instead of creating a thread on it. :thumbup:
Don't drive it unless you can't help it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts