BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, what a way to start my Thanksgiving. I went out to my car this afternoon to go to my parents for Thanksgiving only to find my car dead. I was pressing the unlock button but nothing was happening. I drove the on Sunday but I've been driving my camaro all week. I think, I hope it's just a dead battery. I'm going to give the roadside people a call. Is this waht I have to look forward to all winter? Can't believe this sh!+.

·
Registered
401 Posts
blackbimmer said:
If the unlock button doesn't work, it must be dead battery!
you might have left something on for the whole week...:dunno:
Doesnt BMW have a special power cut feature so this sort of thing doesnt happen. Some power cut mode??

·
Registered
401 Posts
mfspolo said:

never heard of that before:dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
U know when u install your rear clears and the lights are on in the trunk and after about 15 min the lights go out. Its that sort of thing. Maybe someone else can clarify it.

·
...and I'd be all shiny..
1,833 Posts
Yea there is supposed to be a 15 minute or so cutoff on certain lights. for instance if you left your lights on and left the car they would shut off after 15 minutes.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nope, nothing was left on and if I did leave something on ie radio or lights it would've turned itself off. I always leave the automatic lights on so it goes off when I turn off the car. I drove it 4 days ago. I'll see what roadside assistance have to say.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm hoping you tried to manually open the doors...maybe your key battery is just dead? I'm guessing you tried that though so its probably just a dead battery. Just give it a charge and be on your way :thumbup:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah Tension. I'm going to call Roadside on Sat. I'm going into my office tomorrow so I'll tell them to come to my house on Sat. Glad it didn't happen when I was in Canada. But then again, BMW have roadside there too.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Key battery shouldn't really die i don't think? Every time you put it in the ignition the battery is re-charged.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Any aftermarket stereo installed on your car? Waaaayy back in the day of my first stereo install, my bumba$$ unwittingly tapped the amp turn on lead to a constant power source vs. a switched power source....damn amps kept draining my s-10's battery, like I knew what I was doing, I was 16. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Follow Up To Dead Car

Get this, I called roadside assistance and they're having the car towed back to the dealership where I bought it. Which surprised me because trhere's one that's much closer to my house. I told them that the only reason why I didn't buy it from the one in my area is because of the customer service at the other one. Anyway, I talked to the service manager and he said that he'll get me into a loaner :D I said cool. He said yeah, I'll have a new Camery waiting for you. I said, EXCUSE ME :huh: I said I have a brand new 330Ci and you're giving me a Camery? His response was well we don't have BMW loaners anymore. I'm glad that I'm getting a loaner but damn. I would've rather any BMW over a Camery. I'm regretting buying my car from them. My local BMW gives BMW loaners. :huh:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I do have an aftermarket sub but the amps are all hooked up correctly. The remote wires turn them on and off. The shop that did the work is very good. And I was over their shoulders for the entire install, I'm friends with the owner. Great place SOUNDFX

·
Registered
339 Posts
I was told that the keys are recharged everytime that I use them... they told me to alternate between my key and the spare to key it charged...

·
Registered
109 Posts
They're supposed to re-charge every time you use them. Unfortunately that doesn't always work..which is why my keys had to be replaced a while ago. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts