E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought this gem from original owner with 63k miles. It's a 6 speed manual. I've been driving it off and on for 5 months trying to settle on some improvements/mods. I put a new double din Kenwood in it with all the modern conveniences and it made the HK's sound a ton better. Just picked it up today with new TSW 19" Bathursts and Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it (275's in rear, 245's in front) and AC Schnitzer shocks/springs. It should drop another 1/2" as it settles in. I'm really happy with the look and the ride quality is fantastic.

I have a little bit of work to do with changing out the kidney/fender grilles to black and replacing some simple interior plastic bits that have some scratches but otherwise it's pretty damn good.

Sorry for the iPhone pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I could have mentioned that I did a full inspection by a quality BMW shop, did the full 60k maintenance, did rear diff repair, and some minor other items. It's tip top at this point as far as I know.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Looks fantastic! Very clean :)

Can you provide the details (model #, etc) and possible a photo of the Kenwood double-din deck you installed? Curious as I would like to do something similar with mine.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
486 Posts
Looks good! I know the allure of modding, but I agree with Alan...its always maintenance first and foremost. However, if you have done the vanos and the subframe why go for it! There is no greater joy than making your car yours!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Bought this gem from original owner with 63k miles. It's a 6 speed manual. I've been driving it off and on for 5 months trying to settle on some improvements/mods. I put a new double din Kenwood in it with all the modern conveniences and it made the HK's sound a ton better. Just picked it up today with new TSW 19" Bathursts and Michelin Pilot Super Sports on it (275's in rear, 245's in front) and AC Schnitzer shocks/springs. It should drop another 1/2" as it settles in. I'm really happy with the look and the ride quality is fantastic.

I have a little bit of work to do with changing out the kidney/fender grilles to black and replacing some simple interior plastic bits that have some scratches but otherwise it's pretty damn good.

Sorry for the iPhone pics...
Looks nice mate, do you get any rubbing with the 245's ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No rubbing on the 245's but I've probably only driven 40 miles on it. However, there is some very good information all over this site on tire combinations that make me feel very confident it will work just fine. I also didn't lower it a ton either.

Thanks for the comments on maintenance. I didn't realize my post would turn into a dialogue on modding vs. maintenance. I've owned four BMW's and I'm pretty meticulous. The good news is that I didn't go into buying this vehicle without doing a ton of research and I'm very aware of the common problems that one might face. There are things that you either need to look for or prepare for and different approaches (reactive and/or proactive) to addressing them. I'm on it fellas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts