BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Resident CF Whore
2,810 Posts
I think the dealer would say to follow what the on-board computer says when you need the next oil change.
But, I did mine at 5K miles.
I've seen others on this board do it at 3K miles and some at 7500, etc.. etc...

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
It's about time to do it. Regardless of how precisely the engine parts were cast, during the break-in period there's bound to be metal shavings from the moving parts sliding along each other.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Service interval is 15k, way too long for my taste. Because of the Synthetic Oil, most BMW mechanics around here recommend 7500k, anything less is a waste of money. I planned on doing mine at 5k & 10k, and let the dealership do there scheduled 15k. And since the oil fuller cap says "Castrol" on it. I found Castrol Full Synthetic at ( now dont laugh, Guy's ) Wally World (aka Wal-Mart) it's only priced at $18.88 for a 5qt container or (Imperial gallon). That's $3.77 a quart, can't beat that price. :thumbup:

·
name's PHIL
6,087 Posts
The first interval is too fukin long......like at 13,000 miles or so.......fuk that shiet, many peeps get it at 5000 miles or so for the in between ones until Inspection-I time appears

1/ u have the option of doing it yourself with the oil extractor from Griots........

OR

2/ Go to the dealership to get it done out of your own $$$$$, unless a year is gone by since your ownership of the vehicle then u get it for free yearly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts