BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, what is the first and most inexpensive performance mod I sould do to my car. Remember that it is a 2004 325i so it must fit the facelift sedans. I was thinking exhaust or something...what type should I go for?

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
2,330 Posts
Short Shift Kit if you've got a manual tranny :thumbup:

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,920 Posts
hmm, it depends.
for looks, you can get the euro clears if you dont have them already.
or for performance, an intake or exhaust is a great place to start.

for exhaust, there are a lot to choose from. do a search, people on ths board run remus, supersprint and eissimann, to uuc and active autowerke or go with tuners such as acs and hamann. lots of good info and opinions to help you decide.

for intakes, people like gruppe m, dinan, ecis, benfer... and other.

do a search, there is a lot of good info.
good luck bro
:thumbup:

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
Looks: clears, painted reflectors, tint, trunk spoiler, roof spoiler, xenon matching fog bulbs
Perf: Exhaust, intake, short shifter, pullies

Any of those....

·
Beware of pwner
1,784 Posts
For performance I would get an intake first. You have to breath in before you can breath out. Check the for sale forum for used intakes.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I think I am leaning towards an intake. How much should I be expecting to pay for a Dinan intake? Also, I really wan't some clears but I have been told by bekkers that they are not sure if the 2003 clears will fit the 2004. I have a sedan. Also, will I notice any gain from just an intake? Thanks a lot guys.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The Dinan intake is 399, adds about 5-8 hp, and yes, you will notice a gain, however, if you incorporate the exhaust and the software with the intake, you will notice a MUCH bigger gain, as those three work together.

·
Registered
6 Posts
cowmoo32 said:
Looks: clears, painted reflectors, tint, trunk spoiler, roof spoiler, xenon matching fog bulbs
Perf: Exhaust, intake, short shifter, pullies

Any of those....
I agree with everything else cept that roof spoiler and trunk spoiler, they are tacky :tsk: But a CSL trunk or M3 spoiler/lip would be wicked :)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yea, I guess I should probably wait to get the clears until bekkers can tell me they will for sure fit. Maybe in a month or so..but until then I have to get SOMETHING done. I will tell you my options.

Option 1: CAI

Option 2: Aluminum pedals, m3 lip spoiler, and garage door opener thingy...

Which option is better? And remember, clears when I can

·
.--. . -. .. ...
5,499 Posts
You would have to relocate your xenon ballast if you have them and you get someting like a Dinan (any long intake). Go w/ gruppe-m or ECIS

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't have xenon lights so I don't think I have to worry about that. Also I really wan't to stick with Dinan so I don't mess with my warranty.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I am very very new to this..isn't gruppem just a different kind of intake? And if it voids or messes with anything to do with the warranty, then its a no go for me. So what is gruppem?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts