BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased my Z1 unit a week before Christmas but I had to wait for the bezel. It was torture looking at the box every day for a month. It s*cked even more when I was driving and I got lost cause I knew my nav was sitting in my room. I FINALLY got the bezel on Thursday which does look fantastic. I had the install done at Bay Ridge Auto Sound & Security (654 65th St, Brooklyn, NY 11220) on Friday. Took appx. 4 hours. Super professional job plus it was an unbelievable low price!!! PM me for details.

Things I had bought:
Pioneer AVIC-Z1
CD-iB100ii Ipod Control Interface
GEX-P10XMT XM NavTraffic Satellite Radio
(I bought them from Crutchfield and got the 15% discount using the coupon code. Don't know if they still have the promo. They provided the antenae adapter and wiring harness).
Double Din Bezel from Rich at mybimmer.net (He must be swamped, because it took a loooooooong time)
BMW Console Part # 51-16-7-001-410

It was really cool watching these guys go to work. They were like a bunch of ninjas. I printed out previous installs from other guys on this forum just in case, but Eric at Bay Ridge Sound had done it four times already on e46s, so he didn't even need them. I also told him which 2 wires to ground to bypass the safety mechanism which he also already knew (avic411.com). They also made a cover from ABS plastic (it was like $10) which hides the unit which is super stealth. I'll post that pic later.

I am learning how to use it now, but it totally rocks! People freak out when they see it. If you have the money I highly recommend it. Now on to the next mod. Thinking V1 but I also need to do the PAC-SWI PS too.
:jfj:

Attachments

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
siickness

im buying an avicD1, but as soon as the D3 comes out im getting it haha

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
That's the hot sh*t. Looks like a good install job, too.:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts