E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally test drove an M3 today at the local dealership. I had avoided doing so for so long to prevent the regret I might experience with a 330Ci. Don't get me wrong, I love my 330Ci, in fact I have enjoyed my ride more than ever following another recent test drive of the Audi S4 (that was a disappointment). But not the M3 - holy cow what a ride. I know I am preaching to the choir, but man I swear that thing was on rails in turns and that was at a modest 5,000 rpms (the sales rep was cool, so I tried my best to respect his request). Anyway, can't rave enough about the power delivery and handling - and the SMG was pretty cool too. Kudos to one sick ride!

·
Registered
242 Posts
jsteb said:
Well, I finally test drove an M3 today at the local dealership. I had avoided doing so for so long to prevent the regret I might experience with a 330Ci. Don't get me wrong, I love my 330Ci, in fact I have enjoyed my ride more than ever following another recent test drive of the Audi S4 (that was a disappointment). But not the M3 - holy cow what a ride. I know I am preaching to the choir, but man I swear that thing was on rails in turns and that was at a modest 5,000 rpms (the sales rep was cool, so I tried my best to respect his request). Anyway, can't rave enough about the power delivery and handling - and the SMG was pretty cool too. Kudos to one sick ride!
:thumbup: .... nice... now go and buy it!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
nice!!! the ///M3 is one hell of a car!

its funny coz i actually convince my friend to get one this weekend. he was debating on what car to get and i drove him around for a bit showing him the power of the beast. now, he wants one. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
only drive an m3, if your willing to buy, or you'll regret for sure lol.

Other than that, like everyone else says, m3 is an AWEsome beast car :yikes:

·
Registered
739 Posts
You should have bought one. Carmax has like 7 M3 02-04 all priced around $45k all w/ low miles. I really don't know how they are selling a them so cheap. I guess whoever is trading them must have put some serious money down to unload them because I mean a 2004 PY M3 for $45k? Those are amazing prices!

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
eBean said:
was this a brand new m3? i believe in CA they wont let you test drive a brand new m3? or is that bs?
They are HELLA stingy in L.A. even if you roll up in a BMW!! :wtf:

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
rearviewmirror said:
And it's not even like M3's all that anymore..... :idea:
wow.. haven't seen you on the forum for a while, or have i been missing out.. :idea:

bak on to the topic

you should check out the carmax like rearviewmirror said, and also check out bmw of austin (http://www.bmwofaustin.com) pretty sure they have few more m3's there! Hopefully you can buy it =)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
xkrnxnamjahx said:
wow.. haven't seen you on the forum for a while, or have i been missing out.. :idea:

bak on to the topic

you should check out the carmax like rearviewmirror said, and also check out bmw of austin (http://www.bmwofaustin.com) pretty sure they have few more m3's there! Hopefully you can buy it =)

Are you talking about the Carmax location off of 183 in Austin? New to the area, so not sure if that's the spot. And I actually test drove a new M3 with 115 miles on it at BMW of Austin. Still got that warm and fuzzy feeling :drool:

·
Registered
867 Posts
When I test drove a M3 while my 330ci was getting serviced. I know the sales man him and we talk all the time. So when we took it I tested that thing out fully. Man, such a awsome car, when I got back in my 330ci and drove the M3 drives complety diffrent and has so much mid range power :bow: now I want one :bawling:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Its a damn treat to drive this car everyday.... but man oh man, the gas stations around here love me because i cant seem to keep my foot off the gas....

Now Go BUY ONE :)

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,051 Posts
jsteb said:
Excellent, M3 is an awsome car. Now that you test drove one, you must go get it!

·
Registered
739 Posts
jsteb said:
Are you talking about the Carmax location off of 183 in Austin? New to the area, so not sure if that's the spot. And I actually test drove a new M3 with 115 miles on it at BMW of Austin. Still got that warm and fuzzy feeling :drool:
It's off Parmer/I35 area.. they don't have any M3 right now, but they can bring some in.. and if you are in Austin and want M3 let me know by tomorrow because BMW of Austin is buying mine back.. :D

·
Alpine White
812 Posts
xkrnxnamjahx said:
only drive an m3, if your willing to buy, or you'll regret for sure lol.

Other than that, like everyone else says, m3 is an AWEsome beast car :yikes:
:werd: That is why I didn't drive one until I was ready to buy it. Cause if you're used to driving an automatic 328i (at least for me), you will never be able to go back to it once you've driven an M3. If you had the opportunity to drive it on S6 mode with the Sport button on....until 8,000 rpm's, you would definitely go back to a non-M. :craig:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
rearviewmirror said:
It's off Parmer/I35 area.. they don't have any M3 right now, but they can bring some in.. and if you are in Austin and want M3 let me know by tomorrow because BMW of Austin is buying mine back.. :D
Why are they buying your M3 back? Issues? Are you taking something else off the lot? I'm not sure yet what features I want yet either. The SMG was pretty cool, but may not be worth the extra cash for me. And I don't know about navigation either - is the BMW system any good? We have a GX470 and love the nav. Just stuff the think about still.

Do any of you guys here in Austin ever get together?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Tb151 said:
Its a damn treat to drive this car everyday.... but man oh man, the gas stations around here love me because i cant seem to keep my foot off the gas....

Now Go BUY ONE :)
I'm working on it.... Lol another year or so hopefully. wheres that 'fingers crossed' smilie when you need it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts