BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
This is m first post :s
I currently have a e30 318i but its time to part from it and ive only had it for 6 months.
So im looking at buying my first car that i plan on having for a while ( a 320Ci MY2001)

Now im wondering are they any good, yes i know they dont have incredible amounts of power and so on, but they look good
and don't cost all to much. Plus im thinking something with less KW for now is better considering i got my self a 220dollar speeding fine the other day anyway.
And i am currently looking at a 2001 model with 175xxxKM on the clock. Its in surprisingly amazing condition and black :3

So anyone has there opinion on these and what they think of it? if its negative please dont make it sound to harsh.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its got 6cylinders and has 2.2L displacement and has 125km power and 220NM torque if im right. It is very similar to a 323i engine.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I have driven one of these - it was one of my wedding cars (albeit in sedan form but same engine). It isn't overly powerful but you'll still get that glorious sound of that smooth straight six BMW engine and the handling that BMWs are reknowned for. Mileage is abit high for my personal liking and you would want some concrete evidence of its service history and what extra work may or may not have been done to it, eg cooling system, shocks, etc. And get that pre purchase inspection done. That is mandatory for a car of this age and mileage. Got any pics???

·
Registered
565 Posts
If its manual you should have more than enough power

Auto not bad also

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey,
Well yea id be getting those done and my dads luckily a mechanic :thumbup: and can help me out if i need it, were i live the car has to pass a road worthy inspection (RWC) and it had only passed on 6 months ago as the guy registered it in his name and i will have to do the same. :nyah:
The interior looks really good for its age and kilometers so im pree optimistic.

Il try upload some pics from the ad.

Also it is a manual. :excited:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hey,
Well yea id be getting those done and my dads luckily a mechanic :thumbup: and can help me out if i need it, were i live the car has to pass a road worthy inspection (RWC) and it had only passed on 6 months ago as the guy registered it in his name and i will have to do the same. :nyah:
The interior looks really good for its age and kilometers so im pree optimistic.

Il try upload some pics from the ad.

Also it is a manual. :excited:
very nice 320ci buddy

Just to let you know there is an australian sub-forum (i found out after 3 months of being on this site lol)

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48

1 - 9 of 9 Posts