E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a Business CD HU in my 2000 Touring. I bought the car in 2003 CPO and it was replaced then -- so I suspect that there's a chance that my head unit might be capable of taking the BMW aux input cable

My problem is that I just can't seem to find the SV (software version?) in the menu.

I turn off/turn on the radio, hold down the m button and the menu pops up starting with the SN..

But navigating through (using any keys from any place) never takes me to an SV value. I go right from the SV to the speed sensitive volume setting when I use the < > keys to navigate.

I just can't seem to ever get to the SV (most posts I've read -- extensive searching -- say it's the second menu right after SN). Not for me.

Any tips? The SN is Y8163950. There's a CD button , not a mode button below FM and to the right of Scan.

I can find all the other menu items mentioned in previous posts (pixel test, Region, etc.) just not the damn SV :banghead:

Help?

·
Registered
455 Posts
You can try removing the trim above the glove box and around the headunit, then remove the two screws that secure the headunit, and slide the headunit out. There may be a sticker on top of the HU that lists the software code, serial #, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts