E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well some good news and some bad.
Good news is the installer Havo made his deadline for the big carshow in Gent where i drove my car to tonight for the weekend show.

The bad news is : the headunit doesnt work. Some later next week, i have to turn the car in again and we well search until we find whats wrong. So i am on the show but i can not play without head unit.

BUmmer.

The neon ring for the woofer is broke. So i need another one. That has to be replaced to.

AND THE FRAMES ARE MISSING: i mean around all the plexi there is going to be a wooden frame painted in silver. That is not ready. SO keep that in mind. It will be nice with frames

·
Registered
1,940 Posts
Even with all that gone wrong it still looks amazing :thumbup:

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Jehnert leather doorpanels

Ok here they are: each panel holding 2 x 6.5inch boston pro and 1 x 4 inch boston pro acoustics speaker.
The cross overs are in the sealing of the trunk (pics later of the enclosure)

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the

The right side trunk: a voodoo capacitor croom platinum plated. Could be we move it more ahead. A frame will be added later.

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the sealing

The sealing of the trunk: on the left (this shot) the 6xs line driver and cross over network. Why because there is another amp that is mounted behind the tarantula. You dont c it but its acces from within the cockpit when you remove the back seat.
Next to this 6xs and also mounted in the sealing is the audison woofer mono 650watt amp

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the head unit

Here the evil alpine iva head unit. The black box is not mounted under the passenger seat but is mounted in a custom made floor on the place where the passenger places his feet.
Pics of the floor later. Now its invisibel

the remote is in the sunglass compartment Thats the remote of the alpine dolby unit. We will do a better job on the remote later. For now its there

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
detail

The boston pro in the oem speaker place and tweeter mounted in sealing. There are in low pass so the tweeter is fairly sillent.

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thats it for now. Keep in mind the work is not done yet. Frames wil be added later and should make it even more classy.

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
forgot to tell: in the sealing there is also mounted 3 buttons. 1 for the neons, 1 button for the extra trunk boston rm6 speakers. With the button i can put the speakers out. The speakers are only to play for shows with the trunk open so you hear more then the woofer.

Thanks for the compliment. Its 6 months of saving up and planning and choosing the equipment :)

Glad you guys like it :)
Thats a relief :)
You guys have high standards :)

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
<P ALIGN="CENTER"></P>
<B><P ALIGN="CENTER">I.C.E. installation</P>
</B></FONT><P ALIGN="CENTER"></P>
<UL>
</FONT><FONT FACE="Arial" COLOR="#0000ff"><LI>Alpine IVA-800 TFT</B> + blackbox: Main control mobile media center ainet<BR>
max tuner pro – rds – cdplayer – 4 x 40 watt – 3 pre outs – cd text, enz…</LI>
<B><LI>Alpine PXA 510 DOLBY-PROLOGIC </B>– EQ digital parametric 11 band - Digital signal processor + remote, Time correction, suwwoofer level control, ainet</LI>
<B><LI>Alpine CHA 624 </B>6 x cd changer fyberoptic link – cd-titel text - ainet</LI>
<LI>(Rear) : <B>Boston Acoustics</B> speaker <B>PRO</B> series <B>6.4</B>: <B>SQ</B> speaker system with tweeter, woofer and cross over: <B>250 watt music </B>/ <B>85 watt continious</B>. 4 ohm.</LI>
<LI>(Trunk) <B>Boston Acoustics</B> speakers <B>RALLY</B> series <B>RM6: SQ </B>speakers with built in tweeter, cross over and woofer: <B>200 watt music</B> / <B>50 watt continious</B>. 4 ohm.</LI>
<LI>Amplifier: <B>Grundig</B> <B>4 x 60 watt, </B> <B>4 channel</B> amplifier + converter</LI>
<B><LI>Alpine</B> cables rca double shielded: </LI>
<B><LI>Voodoo capacitor </B>chrome digital display platinum plated 1.2 Farat (mount rack)</LI>
<B><LI>Soundstream </B>woofer<B> Rubicon </B>R SQ 12 (25 hz-2k hz) 86 db <B>600 Watt</LI>
<LI>Boston Acoustics Pro trunk speaker grills </B>for the Boston RM 6 Rally speakers</LI>
<B><LI>Custom HAVO design </B>trunk enclosure: floorplate, seat back, sides with plexi<BR>
and blue neon and custom color codes frames.</LI>
<B><LI>Soundstream Tarantula</B> amplifier<B> 4 channel</B> chrome plate with tarantula logo<BR>
(4 x 125 watt/ 4 ohm) <B>TR 5OO -4</LI>
<LI>Jehnert </B>2 x 6,5 + 4,4 inch inserted holes<B> doorpanels leather </LI>
</B><LI>(front)<B> Boston Acoustics PRO 6.53 3 way </B>SQ 400 watt music + tweeters and cross overs + 4 inch mid bass + 6.5 inch kick bass.</LI>
<LI>(front) <B>Boston Acoustics PRO 6.5 </B>6.5<B> </B>inch kick bass + cross overs </LI>
<B><LI>12 inch neon tube</B> round + bass module sound activated</LI>
<B><LI>Audio control 6XS </B>+ remote bass control 4 volt line driver</LI>
<LI>Digital fyber optic connections and RBG input for digital Alpine trunk screen</LI>
<B><LI>Audison lrx 1.4OO 650 watt</B> rms woofer amplifier mono 2 ohm</LI>
<LI>New power lines running front head unit from rear battery</LI>
<LI>Battery charger input unit custom made to load elektricity from within cockpit<BR>
</LI></UL>

·
Registered
57 Posts
Lookin' Supa-fly. I want some full-frontal on that headunit as soon as she is up and ready. Also, between your amps, how much wattage are you actually pushing? Oh, and much did the Soundstream Tarantula Amp cost you? Is it worth the price in terms of sound quality, wattage, and stability, or is its main purpose for show?

:evil: Bennyman :evil:

·
modder fokker
6,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As soon as i have the system up with the repaired head unit i will tell if its wurth it :)
In europe the TR 5OO 4 channel retails 16OO dollars but i got a good deal with the help of hans acs (havo).

Power: lets c
4 x 125 watt tarantula at 4 ohm (tarantula powers the front doors)
1 x 65O watt 2 ohm mono for the audison (powers the woofer)
4 x 6O watt 4 ohm (grundig pxa) for the boston pro set in the rear and trunk.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Psst. I checked out the soundstream website and I couldn't find any Taratula models that looked half as tight as the sh*t on your trunk. I'm thinking of getting the Profile Clarus 1200 to push my Kicker Square 12" L7. Sounds like a plan, eh? Any experience with either of those suckers? I dig what you've done Pmmeke, but how bout some exterior pix too? I want to see the whole package when I check out a ride.

:evil: Bennyman :evil:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts