BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I couldn't find how to edit the title of my previous thread, so I made a new one instead :rofl:

Anyhow, lots of time has passed from the previous thread and I wanted to show off my new wheels and some other mods. The wheels are off an E38 and they measure 18x8 ET20 and 18x9 ET22, wrapped in 225/40/18 all around:

The wheels are actually in pretty bad condition :( The edges are fine, no curb rash, but the previous owner drove them in winter on salted roads and the salt has not been generous to the paint. Getting them resprayed in winter, while I roll on some cheap 18" ACS reps and studded tires. No point in buying nice wheels for winter, the salt on the roads is going to eat them anyway.

Next to come:

- LED tail lights. I was so close to getting a pair of OEM amber LED tails from german ebay, but I started hesitating about installing the OEMs and when I finally decided to go for them, someone had already bought them :cry: Got to keep looking though.
- coilovers and smaller tires (probably after respraying the wheels)
- CSL trunk
- darker tint?

...and keeping up with the maintenance :)

Thanks for looking, C&C welcome

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the comments guys. I'm dropped on Koni lowering springs and stock (m-sport package) shocks. The springs are supposed to give 40mm drop (~1.6in) all around, but actually they're more like -2.5in front and maybe -1.5in in the back. Rear spring pads are removed (both upper and lower).

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Didint want to start a new thread because I only have phone pics at the moment, but here are my wheels for the next season:

They will be refinished before they go on, but I was too impatient to get a tire mounted to try the offsets/widths :woot: :woot:

The tire is 225/40 and the wheels are 18x10 ET19 (with tire on) and 18x8.5 ET6 (lying in snow, without tire). Will probably have to go with different sized tires though, the 225/40 looks odd and too balloonish. Will try to mount the wheel and if it looks out of place I think I'm gonna go with 235/35 rear and 205/40 front.

Also a pic of our freeze-your-ass-off weather:

(it was -18F yesterday but I did not take a pic)

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
Some nice lookin wheels man. Definitely dont risk putting them on in that type of weather

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
12 Posts
sorry to revive and old thread, i just picked up some style 32's same size and offset, going to put 225/40/18 all around. did you have any fender/ arch work done?

·
Registered
237 Posts
sorry to revive and old thread, i just picked up some style 32's same size and offset, going to put 225/40/18 all around. did you have any fender/ arch work done?
I have these same wheels on my E46 Coupe from the E38, 8X18 ET20 9X18 ET22 and love them.

However 225/40 are way too big and will look terrible and will rub like crazy. I rolled my rear arches a lot and tried a 225/40 just to see and it still rubbed badly. I'm lowered on Eibach Sportlines not even coilovers.

I ran 215/40 all round for a year but thought the rears were too stretched, (especially as I'm not on coils) and and fronts looked a bit big. Earlier this year I changed to 215/35 and 225/35 and its so much better. It is slightly harsher but not much, I like that anyway. I use mine everyday with no issues.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts