E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this topic has been beaten to death, but here's some daylight evidence of Philips Silvervisions' superiority over the competition.

I had to file down one nub on the Silver Vision bulb to make it fit. The Platinum Vision 2.0's didn't need to be filed down.

Left: Philips Silvervisions
Right: Platinum Vision 2.0
Photo taken at around 5:00 PM

Attachments

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just got them and installed my rears only since they're the easiest (it's freakin cold outside in NJ!). I think the results would be similar for the front corners.

I ordered them from www.powerbulbs.com

It's around $43.00 for a set of four and they throw in Bluevision sidemarker bulbs (I think they light up xenon white kinda). Shipping was free too I think.

·
Registered
95 Posts
what did you use for the sides?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm still using the Platinum Vision 2.0's for the sides since they provide sufficient light. I'm debating whether or not to use the bluevisions I got with my Silverivision order. I'm not sure about the legality of them in my state; need to ask my police officer friend.

·
Registered
31 Posts
can you please explain what you mean by sidemarker bulbs?

are these the low bean front lights (ie 1 click of the light dial)?

thanx

·
Europrojektz NW
774 Posts
Platinum visions just suck...I want to change them back to silvervisions for my tailights...

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
Jay330xi said:
I just got them and installed my rears only since they're the easiest (it's freakin cold outside in NJ!). I think the results would be similar for the front corners.

It's around $43.00 for a set of four and they throw in Bluevision sidemarker bulbs (I think they light up xenon white kinda). Shipping was free too I think.
Sweet, I just ordered a set of Silvervisions on Sunday night too, paid the same price, and I'm getting the same set. I'm glad to see that they do kick ass like everyone else said, and I'm happy I ordered them. :thumbup:

·
TiAg 330i
544 Posts
Jay330xi said:

i ordered my sets from them, but they didn't send me no bluevisions.:ben:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
riaz323ci said:
can you please explain what you mean by sidemarker bulbs?

are these the low bean front lights (ie 1 click of the light dial)?

thanx

Sidemarkers are the indicator lights on the sides of the car just in front of the driver and passenger door. If you go to the website you'll see the offer at the top of the page.

·
Registered
0 Posts
The platinumvisions aren't that bright but i'm still quite satisfied with them. As long as i don't have that egg yolk look anymore and the cop can see that my bulbs flash orange then i am happy.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Jay330xi said:
Well this topic has been beaten to death, but here's some daylight evidence of Philips Silvervisions' superiority over the competition.

I had to file down one nub on the Silver Vision bulb to make it fit. The Platinum Vision 2.0's didn't need to be filed down.

Left: Philips Silvervisions
Right: Platinum Vision 2.0
Photo taken at around 5:00 PM
what kind of silvervisions did you get? Mine, along with a good handful of people from this forum had them go right in. 1156/PY21W fit our cars perfectly. Are the new sedan's bulb number different then the previous cars?????

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My front corner bulbs are different than my rear... is this how it's supposed to be?

I got the PY21W's; they went right in to my front corners, but I had to file them for the rears.

·
name's PHIL
5,946 Posts
do they make blue visions for the front and rear also...............or is it only for the side markers, which is kinda stupid cause i want to have the same color all around...............any help appreciated

·
Registered
514 Posts
I wonder if the Sedans are different than the coupes. It seems that the coupes are having no fitment issues but the sedans are. Can anybody verify this? Mine fit perfectly (Coupe).

As far as sidemarkers, I've got the BlueVisions in now but you can see they are blue. They blink VERY bright white light. You can also just buy clear bulbs (I've got those too). Makes it look VERY clean but the light is not as white as the BlueVisions.

·
Registered
751 Posts
anyone wanna give away the platinum visions?? i have the egg yolk effect goin on... kinda need some deicent bulbs. I'm beggin here i know, but PM me if anyone is nice enough

1 - 20 of 23 Posts