BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always wanted a BMW wagon. The E46 chassis has been my favorite of all of BMW's designs. This is an '02 BMW 325xi Touring model with the Sports suspension in the "JapanRot" color. Mileage is at 144k and interior/exterior is SUPER, SUPER, SUPER CLEAN!!! This car drives like a dream...

My wife has named her "Ruby". =0) The plan is to drive her until the wheels fall off, then do an engine swap. She is an automatic, but will be replaced with an M3 S54 engine with full manual transmission. This car went from many years on my desktop as a wallpaper to my drive way.

·
Registered
664 Posts
That looks pretty monster-truck for sport suspension but congratulations on the purchase!
thta's because it doesn't have the sport suspension ;) unless the previous owner installed it himself.

the XI wagons were only available with the sport package...seats and steering wheel, but not the suspension.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Congratulations that's a beautiful Touring!

I love my e46 Touring. The flat bullet nose and subtle wheel flares make all the other sport wagons look like blood ticks. I only wish they had more power but it sounds like you have a solution for that coming. ;)

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Ceilings should always be light colored to reflect the most light.

Why? The ZHP's came with anthracite headliners for less glare.

Also, love the touring OP! Although you may be disappointed to find out about the huge difficulty of fitting an S54 into an Xi, I wish you the best of luck if you decide to try.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Nice looking wagon!

My 330ci is Japan rot. You don't see a lot of that color around. Congrats on the purchase. Enjoy! And keep us updated.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mirror twins!
I would replace a black one with a tan headliner.
Ceilings should always be light colored to reflect the most light.
too bad we can't swap...

Congratulations that's a beautiful Touring!

I love my e46 Touring. The flat bullet nose and subtle wheel flares make all the other sport wagons look like blood ticks. I only wish they had more power but it sounds like you have a solution for that coming. ;)
yes sir, I'll keep you guys posted when I do the swap.

Why? The ZHP's came with anthracite headliners for less glare.

Also, love the touring OP! Although you may be disappointed to find out about the huge difficulty of fitting an S54 into an Xi, I wish you the best of luck if you decide to try.
Thanks man. Thanks to all for the compliments. I had to leave the country and go to Haiti on business. Not only do I miss my wife and kids, but man, I cannot stop thinking about my new car. I parked her in the garage at the airport. The drive from the airport to my home will be awesome!

1 - 20 of 100 Posts