BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally got me an exhaust put on my car. I waited and debated and I've come to buy the RE exhaust. The opportunity presented itself after I was rear ended.

I got it installed at Midas for $170. That included the weld job and install. Welding was done at the first resonator then clamped at the muffler.

170 is a lot IMO but I made sure they did it right and it was done right because I stayed on them. :) It looked like they had fun putting it on because they skipped a couple of cars just to do mine. Took them about 45 mins to get it done.

I gotta say that this is a nice exhaust but I'm hesistant to say too much about the sound because it needs to be broken in a little. It does sound awesome after the pipes are heated up--especially when you start up the car. My next mod has got to be a SSK. My shifter has so much slop now it's not funny. Weird thing I saw today is that my dealer is advertising UUC SSK installs. I might have to jump on that!

Here's some preliminary pics. I'll post more later with it installed. The exhausts that are shipping now have been revised just a bit with closer tips.

My Gallery!

·
call me kev :D
6,308 Posts
what do u mean by closer tip.. did u re weld the tips closer or did it come like that?

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
do u have a pic of the older one? it still looks like they are real spread apart. Still tho, RE has one of my favorite sounds for an exhaust.

·
Registered
822 Posts
ya that midas ripped you , they charged me 75 bucks , located next to the RE shop.

Re is a wonderful thing

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ward,

No, I don't have a pic of the older one. I thought maybe those who had the exhaust prior could tell a difference.

Dinan3er, did they do any welding or did they just do clamps all over? With just the clamp job it would have come to roughly $80 total but since I had it welded where the resonator was I got charged extra.

·
P.I.M.P.
2,477 Posts
err from the pics, doesn't look like the tips are any closer together than they were in first production exhausts.
(i got this exhaust shortly after it came out)

And yeah midas definately ripped you off by at least 50bucks. Congrads on the exhaust, I love mine.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I'm not mad cause this is one of the RARE times that a shop actually did as I said. :)

K-Dog, that's the kind of feedback I hoped for because they said they moved them in closer according to their website.

I will post more pics with it installed tomorrow to compare.

BTW-how long did it take for you to notice that the sound on the exhaust changed while it was breaking in?

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
4,106 Posts
K-DOG said:
err from the pics, doesn't look like the tips are any closer together than they were in first production exhausts.
(i got this exhaust shortly after it came out)

And yeah midas definately ripped you off by at least 50bucks. Congrads on the exhaust, I love mine.
Damn the shop in taiwan who makes that exhaust could've eliminated that 3'' spacing between tips no??

·
Rogue Engineering
2,478 Posts
I saw the exhaust in person the other day at Rogue and supposedly the tips are 3/8 of an inch closer together. They do look a little closer together than yours K dog...

·
Registered
11,159 Posts
hm, it might just be me, but i think that exhaust would look a lot better split apart with one on the left and one on the right.... maybe im just a ricer or something

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UPDATE

Ok guys I have my car back from the body shop with some updated pics on the exhaust.

Also, good news. I got the insurance company to compensate me for the difference in the exhaust price/labor so I ended up getting a free exhaust. :D

Without further delay. Here are the pics:

·
OG Moderator Extraordinaire
6,210 Posts
Straz 330Ci said:
I saw the exhaust in person the other day at Rogue and supposedly the tips are 3/8 of an inch closer together. They do look a little closer together than yours K dog...

only 10 feet more to go! :D

1 - 20 of 60 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.