1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
after doin some extensive searching ...
dealer (150.00)
sears -- dont carry it
pep boys -- dont carry it
napa -- dont carry it
discount auto -- not for e46
optima batteris -- hard to find the one with the vent port (195.99)- over budget
interstate --mtp-91 is for e46, but very hard to find in stock at indepndent retailers (95.00)

finally at AUTOZONE in the corner of my house had it. At 9.15 pm they open here to 10 pm. luckily no one here opens past 9. i walked in with my bmw battery in hand. they checked on the computer and it gave them a #. but it didnt look to much like my original but the one right next to it was perfect. maybe about 1 in longer but same size and luckily a little stronger than oem. has the vent tube kit that fits right on to bmw and it fit perfect in the hole with no modification to base, terminal, or tray.

AUTOZONE #

DURALAST 49-D (59.99) -- TRADING IN OEM BATTERY.
2 YEAR REPLACEMENT, 7 YEAR WARRANTY

so guys write that # down and keep it handy for whenever you gotta change yours.. you will eventually way bettery than paying $150.:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,988 Posts
thanks for the information

it will make it so easy when the time comes for me to get a new
battery. thanks for the research results.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Senior Registered User
936 Posts
this is great info! tell us how it comes out, everything work out okay? service engine lights on? Power the same? what year is your car and how did your battery die?? :dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Info came right on time. My battery is dead. I was charging it to see it holds a charge. Since it didn't, I called my local bmw dealer and they told me that it will run $179 + trade. I am on my way to autozone now. Thanks for the info!!!

·
Registered
133 Posts
that's great you found an awesome deal on your battery.
but you drive an xx 323ci.
is everyone assuming that your battery is the same as ours?
pardon my ignorace, but i really thought your battery would be different somehow than my 03 330xi battery, or bobm3's m3 battery...
so, i guess i'd be more excited if i knew that your battery is the same as my battery. :>
does anyone know this info?
thanks!
:andy:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Do you have a Batteries Plus store near you?

http://www.batteriesplus.com

I remember someone else posted that they have good deals also and it comes in BMW sizes.

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
no problem guys, thats why this forum is the shiet :thumbup:
the battery is perfect.- no problems
i think it should be the same battery for all e46's but double check

·
On the Lamb
170 Posts
or you could go for a Light weight battery which works just as good :D and you shed some pounds!!! its the Hawker lightweight battery :D

·
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
from what i understand..
the battery needs a vent tube when in the trunk so it can release hazardous gases and they wont go in the car and kill you( i think). its like a little rubber straw, it goes on a port on the battery and thru and out the car.

about the optimas i thought the same thing, that they are universal but they make some with vent ports so.... those are the ones recommended for bmws.

·
Registered
996 Posts
my battery just died today. It's bein' recharged in the garage rite now...so this info will deffinately help me tomorrow when i go looking for a new one!
i haven't replaced since the car was bought ... :( so i guess it's about time!!

1 - 20 of 332 Posts