BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
quite the PIA i must say. but i really like the way they came out. i used leatheriques white dye over grey door pieces. and yes i know the little airbag thhings are out, im re-painting them as with the little ring that goes around the door lock pin thing. i also did white gauges to match!

1. Take Your Time, Think Before You Do

2. first off to dye white i needed grey door cards cause there is no way your dyeing white over black, so i found some on ebay.

3. basically i followed the DIY made by deraufschneider http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=584524&highlight=

4. ordered the 16oz leather dye kit for Letherique. scrubbed the crap out the leather with the prep liquid, with cloth and 600 grit and cloth some more. got a surprising amount of color and dirt off panels

5. brushed on a thin base coat of white. let dry. then i got a cheap airbrush kit and srpayed(took a couple days didnt wanna rush it) then brushed on a couple more thin layers an touched up

6. be careful putting back together and have clean hands!

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
niceeeeeee...are you planing on doing the seats as well?
iv seen that on a car, and it looked quite nice..
also, have you seen people who have matching steering wheels with their interiour..
is that done by dyeing?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Its different. Maybe a white strip up the center of the seats to complete the look ?!?
i was thinking about doing the center cushion threw the back seats, but i prob wont. id have to buy grey seats to dye over and the door panels cost enough for now

niceeeeeee...are you planing on doing the seats as well?
iv seen that on a car, and it looked quite nice..
also, have you seen people who have matching steering wheels with their interiour..
is that done by dyeing?
havent seen mathing steering wheels, but id be affraid that the dye would wear off quickly if it was. i think people get them re-wrapped, now sure where tho

·
Registered
136 Posts
quite the PIA i must say. but i really like the way they came out. i used leatheriques white dye over grey door pieces. and yes i know the little airbag thhings are out, im re-painting them as with the little ring that goes around the door lock pin thing. i also did white gauges to match!
have any pics of the white gauges?? :excited:

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I love it. That is so nice, it's themed just like my imola and black interior. leave the seats, you don't want to over do it.

...I'm sorry if it's just the way the picture was taken but is your car running a little hot?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
good eye but its not hot. since you have to pop off the needles to replace the gauge faces, i guess i left the temp gauge a little off, i dont feel like taking it apart for now.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts