E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
2004 BMW 325i M54 215000+ miles </3
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so I finished setting up the software for my scanner, and i cleared old codes that haven't been cleared and most of them disappeared and the DME codes come and go (no shadow codes but they reappear after trying to start car but I clear the codes and then it shows "no error" so it's weird)

One that hasn't changed though is the ABS/DSC codes and here's the codes i currently have for that. I have no clue what any of these are and if you need more info to try and help let me know :) sorry i've been posting a lot i'm just really trying to revive my car 馃様

Administrator
You can lookup BMW fault codes here: BMW Fault Code Lookup - BMWFaultCodes
Also, just Google them for more info.

5E20 is one of the brake pressure sensors
5DF4 is a low supply voltage to the DSC
5E19, 5E1A is failure to communicate to DME over CAN bus
5E15 is failure to communicate to EGS (AT module) over CAN bus

When I see multiple unrelated DSC trouble codes it is usually going bad, wiring harness damage, etc.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can lookup BMW fault codes here: BMW Fault Code Lookup - BMWFaultCodes
Also, just Google them for more info.

5E20 is one of the brake pressure sensors
5DF4 is a low supply voltage to the DSC
5E19, 5E1A is failure to communicate to DME over CAN bus
5E15 is failure to communicate to EGS (AT module) over CAN bus

When I see multiple unrelated DSC trouble codes it is usually going bad, wiring harness damage, etc.
I still have a crank no start could these codes cause that ? or is it still something with my crankshaft sensor or whatever it is

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ABS system has zero impact on the ability for the motor to start. You should check the DME for codes.
The ABS system has zero impact on the ability for the motor to start. You should check the DME for codes.
that's the weird thing... i try to start the car and then these codes pop up for the dme

鈥 (yellow) 3C1E Camshaft sensor. input-signal
鈥 (red) 3C1D Crankshaft sensor. signal

but once i clear the DTC is shows no errors in the DME... no shadow codes or anything.
But again once i try to start the car it doesn't start... it'll crank but not start unless held for 8 seconds or so.

Same thing with EGS the code i get for that is:
鈥 96 [150] CAN engine speed
but once i clear DTC it shows no error after that.

The only codes that do not change are the ABS/DSC codes.

here are a few pictures (sorry if they're hard to read/see)

Premium Member
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
By what you posted in this thread, I'd say the crankshaft angle sensor is NG or the wiring is suspect.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
By what you posted in this thread, I'd say the crankshaft angle sensor is NG or the wiring is suspect.
i just replaced it a week and a half ago :/ maybe i got a faulty one how would i request a replacement ? I got a VDO sensor brand new from FCP Euro. I made sure connections were fine i need to get a multimeter to test the connectors.

Registered
i just replaced it a week and a half ago :/ maybe i got a faulty one how would i request a replacement ? I got a VDO sensor brand new from FCP Euro. I made sure connections were fine i need to get a multimeter to test the connectors.
Having no signal is indicative of a bad sensor. Are you sure you replaced the crankshaft sensor? It's the one under the intake by the transmission

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Having no signal is indicative of a bad sensor. Are you sure you replaced the crankshaft sensor? It's the one under the intake by the transmission
yessir i replaced that specific one but maybe i did get a faulty one. i made sure to spray the connector with some electronic cleaner and i let it dry out for a few hours where else can i check to see if the signal is bad? like a fuse or something? idk...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One thing that could have happened is that connectors were swapped around. I'm sure you didn't though I would probably start checking fuses that are related to initial starting procedures.
alright bro.. i'm not really sure how to check the fuses that's one thing i'm still trying to learn but i'll look it up.. is there any specific detail i should know? like which number it is or i shouldn't mess with one or something

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.