E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There seems to have been lots of talk over the years about how the 135i Brembo calipers sort of fit the e46. Unfortunately running a 135i Brembo on an E46 results in the front pad hanging off of the back of the rotor by a few mm's. Excuse my terrible junkyard pads used for test fitting but here is the issue below

Although this may work, it is by far from an acceptable way to run this setup. Others have talked about making proper adapter brackets, ECS tuning even sells brackets with their kit but they do not offer them separately.

Recently we started up our own CNC business and I am happy to announce that there is a good solution to run the 135i Brembos on your e46 finally.

The adapters below are CNC'd out of aluminum and offer a direct fit to your non M e46, they are designed to work with both e46 330i rotors or e46 m3 rotors. This allows you to directly bolt the caliper onto the car without any weird pad misalignment.

If you're interested in a pair of caliper brackets they're on our website http://rebooteng.com/parts/bmw-135i-brembo-caliper-brackets/

If this is not allowed by mods then please PM me.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Nice.

·
Ironman
01 330iT 6MT, 98 M Roadster
5,102 Posts
Nice stuff. It all appears to be great quality and well thought through. I can totally appreciate the effort. I was a principle in a niche company making specialty parts for Nissans, as well as a couple of bolt-on quick release steering wheel hubs. I know the effort that it takes to make a business like this. I wish you the best.

I suspect that you will be, ah, encouraged to become an official vendor here. Again, best of luck!

·
Registered
663 Posts
I'm curious, does this require a MC change to match up or does the flow work out?

·
Registered
663 Posts
So, funny thing. You can get rebuilt calipers from AutoZone for around 300 including core. These calipers used tend to go for $400 plus. I'm not saying that AZ calipers are great but still...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
916 Posts
So, funny thing. You can get rebuilt calipers from AutoZone for around 300 including core. These calipers used tend to go for $400 plus. I'm not saying that AZ calipers are great but still...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using E46Fanatics mobile app
It's actually $114.99 + $45 core, totaling $159.99. If the bracket is affordable, I would definitely buy a set.

http://www.autozone.com/brakes-and-traction-control/brake-caliper-front/duralast-reman-brake-caliper-front/458450_79757_2362

1 - 9 of 9 Posts