BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 242 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
03 Dinan 3 said:
ya..i dont really understand why you can't provide us with some sort of clips that you or another company can manufacture so that these fit with ease...

I'd buy them if they were ready to fit like any other sideskirt...i'd be willing to pay a little more for clips...

:werd:
mahalo!!

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
ASAed330 said:
You can customize the OEM clips to mount the GTR sides to the body. It took me about 7 hours to get both sides mounted. It is not an easy task, but if you are anal you will do anything. I am talking about the OEM clips on the inside cuff of the GTR sides, not on the underside of the car.

ASA, I would love to know how you did this. I know it might take you a few minutes to write it up, but you can even send it to me via PM at some point; whenever you get a chance. Ive been trying to do this with my comp skirts and no one can help me. Thanks alot - nick
:hi:

·
Registered
522 Posts
So these go OVER the OEM sideskirts? so confused

·
Registered
984 Posts
Stevo759 said:
So these go OVER the OEM sideskirts? so confused
naw...they fit just like normal sideskirts...the only inconvenience (which is a big one I think...) is that you need authentic Hamann clips (which are very expensive) or you need to DIY something to make them fit (glue or custom clips...)

·
Mod Squad
12,677 Posts
^I always thought they glued on to the stock sideskirts. If they don't then without clips, what do you glue the GTR skirts on to? :blink: :help:

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
russ330 said:
7 Hours?!?! :yikes:

I do like that idea, but I have no idea what I'd be doing so... I dunno. :dunno:
Well, the last time that I checked, Carlos told me that his 323 uses all OEM clips for the bottomside and the cuff, but then added glue on top of that. If Carlos did it to his car, you can ask Hung to do it for your sideskirt. All I know is that I had to custom mount mines one by one. That is about 20 clips on the cuff and 20 on the underside. It adds up the time pretty quick.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
russ330 said:
^I always thought they glued on to the stock sideskirts. If they don't then without clips, what do you glue the GTR skirts on to? :blink: :help:
You use the OEM clips on the bottomside of the car. The inside cuff part of the GTR sides that touches the body is glued onto the car. So the sides are glued directly onto the chasis. I was uncomfortable with that method, which resulted in me having to customized a mounting method.

·
Registered
5,269 Posts
My1stM3 said:
ASA, I would love to know how you did this. I know it might take you a few minutes to write it up, but you can even send it to me via PM at some point; whenever you get a chance. Ive been trying to do this with my comp skirts and no one can help me. Thanks alot - nick
:hi:
I've tried a writeup, but people still don't understand what I am talking about. :( Contact [email protected] (fu cy 6 2 6). He is most likely going to pre-mount the customized OEM clips onto the GTR sides, so when the customers get it, it will be just plug and play.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Its either you can mount the clips yourself... or glue the side.. simple as that.

Brian.. thanks for the input. but can you please do it over PM instead.

Thanks,

Hung.
what do you mean mount the clips yourself? Would we need to "invent" clips that work?
From what I understand, you can use the OEM clips for the underside, but you glue the cuff? I wouldn't want to glue my sideskirts on...so does that mean I need to get my shop to make some clips for the "cuff"?

me = confused:hi:

·
Banned
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
03 Dinan 3 said:
what do you mean mount the clips yourself? Would we need to "invent" clips that work?
From what I understand, you can use the OEM clips for the underside, but you glue the cuff? I wouldn't want to glue my sideskirts on...so does that mean I need to get my shop to make some clips for the "cuff"?

me = confused:hi:

You can use the oem cluff and glue it on the side.

As for getting aftermarket ones. Like I said earlier. ONLY the authentic hamann have the aftermarket clips. And to get that clip is to buy the authentic. Trust me, I already tried many times getting it.. even searching hardware stores.. and only hamann motorsport has it.

·
Banned
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
3 more people guys.. lets make this happen. Once I get 10 people. Then the end of the FG group buy ends. No 11 or 12. Just the lucky 10 people.

FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
6. Melo Breeze (waiting for pics and Sedan mounting comments)
7. shimajer

·
Registered
984 Posts
You can use the oem cluff and glue it on the side.

As for getting aftermarket ones. Like I said earlier. ONLY the authentic hamann have the aftermarket clips. And to get that clip is to buy the authentic. Trust me, I already tried many times getting it.. even searching hardware stores.. and only hamann motorsport has it.
and what about removing the sideskirt with the glue?

Not being an a$$, just want to make sure I can return my car to stock:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
7. shimajer
8. libraboy_86

·
Banned
1,745 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
03 Dinan 3 said:
and what about removing the sideskirt with the glue?

Not being an a$$, just want to make sure I can return my car to stock:thumbup:

Removing the glue is not a problem. With adhesive gun removal tool. Any pro body shop carry this gun.. that strip down the glue. Its a special tool that spins and beat on the glue till its gone. No chemical involved.

We took Carlos's CF gtr off and put it back to stock without any problems what so ever.

Listen to who know best and has deal with glue etc already. Not someone who just think they know everything but has yet never seen the procedure.

·
Registered
284 Posts
FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
7. shimajer
8. libraboy_86
9. Absattack (shipping to Germany)

·
Registered
284 Posts
FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
7. shimajer
8. libraboy_86

i have to leave the list... shipping is too much to germany :bawling:

·
Registered
192 Posts
FG
1. er1c
2. MahaloM3
3. RRRize
4. XoDuZz
5. 02'topaz
7. shimajer
8. libraboy_86
9. do0kiegraphics (waiting for pics and Sedan mounting comments)

41 - 60 of 242 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.