BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Able to get my car wrapped using the clear satin wrap. Came out real nice. Also put on some Fikse Profil 10's powercoated black. I bought R888 305 35 18 but they were just way TOOOO wide. Literally flared beyond the fender. The offset was 35 too. Had to use the R888 295 30 18. They worked well but I'd still like to go with more of a donut look in the rear. Considering the 275 40 18's.

Great ride this year. Had a chance to meet Evil Twin Rob. Great and funny guy. Spoke to Forcefed M3 (Derek) many times over the phone but we never connected at Leavenworth. Wish I could have met the fellas. Well....they did meet my car when I wasn't around in Leavenworth as you can see below. Loved it!! They were ready to key and kick the car when they got caught!!! And we all can see what Rob in the white shirt was going to do. hahahaha
What I wanna know is, who is who in that picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm keying your hood. Hahaha wish I could have met ya. Car looked awesome.
Thanks.

I really wanted a closer look at your car. I wasn't able to get intimate with your cars as you guys did with mine. :)

Both your cars look sick in the parking lot.

We'll def have to meet up for a drive sometime.

JC

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
the rims in the picture are 35 offset? Does not look like 35 at all. you would be able to get a 35 30 18 to fit with a 35. what is the width of the rim?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the rims in the picture are 35 offset? Does not look like 35 at all. you would be able to get a 35 30 18 to fit with a 35. what is the width of the rim?
I can say that I ORDERED a 35 offset. Me wheel guy also said that there was barely any room on the inner part of the wheel to be offset further either. Rims are 10.5
I should have taken a freakin picture with the 305 mounted and on the car for reference.

Also, there was zero camber as I wanted maximum tire contact with the ground. Evil Twin Rob thought that may have played into it as well.

It looked meaty SICK but just wasn't going to work unless I wanted to raise the car to a ridiculous height. At the wheel shop, I even pulled out my cell phone and pull up this thread:
http://forum.E46Fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=872966
and it was another halfinch to inch further out then that.

toyo r888 makes 275 40 or 275 35.
They don't make a 285 35.

What are everyone's thoughts?

Nittos drags make a 285 35 but then my fronts would be toyos and rears nittos?

M5CHAS thought I should just keep the current 295 30 set up which I would definitely consider.

Thanks

JC

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Zero camber does make a difference, but that still doesn't look like a 10.5 +35. Who's your wheel guy if you don't mind me asking?
And how do the r888's feel? Im thinking of going with those soon.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Thanks.

I really wanted a closer look at your car. I wasn't able to get intimate with your cars as you guys did with mine. :)

Both your cars look sick in the parking lot.

We'll def have to meet up for a drive sometime.

JC
I'm game for another drive for sure.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Able to get my car wrapped using the clear satin wrap. Came out real nice. Also put on some Fikse Profil 10's powercoated black. I bought R888 305 35 18 but they were just way TOOOO wide. Literally flared beyond the fender. The offset was 35 too. Had to use the R888 295 30 18. They worked well but I'd still like to go with more of a donut look in the rear. Considering the 275 40 18's.

Great ride this year. Had a chance to meet Evil Twin Rob. Great and funny guy. Spoke to Forcefed M3 (Derek) many times over the phone but we never connected at Leavenworth. Wish I could have met the fellas. Well....they did meet my car when I wasn't around in Leavenworth as you can see below. Loved it!! They were ready to key and kick the car when they got caught!!! And we all can see what Rob in the white shirt was going to do. hahahaha
What I wanna know is, who is who in that picture.
I just wish I could have seen your face when you received that pic. :rofl:

Rob's ass matches Bryan's car! :rofl:
Lol my ass doesn't get much sun.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts