BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK guys, so I`m looking at the E46 models around 2000-2002. I want it to be a 4 door sedan. I`m not yet sure wheather to buy diesel or petrol car. As far as I know diesels are much more expensive to repair if something goes wrong, which is likely to happen with a secondhand vehicle. I`ll be doing about 15K km per year, most of them in the city. So what would you suggest - 318i or 320d model? What will suit best a beginner driver (it will be my first car), and which vehicle will be more durable and economic :)

Thanks in advance for your answers! :thanks:

·
Registered
715 Posts
It's your first car and you are taking durability and economics into consideration? I hope my son thinks like you when he gets his license in 15 months. :thumbsup: to you, Viktor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@ctrog330 well I`m on my own man, I mean my parents dont give me money or stuff, I work so I can look after myself :)

Thanks guys, any other opinions?

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
It depends on what you are looking for. If gas is a lot more expensive then Diesel fuel, then I would get the 320d. As for maintenance, they are not much more to repair and they seem to not have as many issues. So my vote is 320d.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Honestly, if I wanted durability and economics most in my first car, I'd get a toyota! These cars are just not that cheap to fix, and they're a little bit needy in terms of upkeep. That said, I'd go with the 320d :)

·
Registered
715 Posts
Frogg has a very good point. On the other hand, if you like to perform maintenance yourself, then you found the right car (albeit pricey replacement parts in some cases) and a forum full of DIY's.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
e46 m3......nah im kidding, i actually dont know much about those models. but gl man i hope you find exactly what your looking for!

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I would get the diesel if I were in europe. Have you tried driving both of them to compare?

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Diesel man . you know why???>>> because none of us have them , so everyone is telling you to get a diesel, me too
> i wish i had the privilege to buy a diesel E46 . If i had , it'd be 330d.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts