BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

Got a new set of coilovers on the way so just looking to see if there is any interest on my existing set up which will be available in about 2-3weeks.

KW V1 Coilovers - Will fit all non M E46s (Not receommended for verts)
Used for less than 5000KM, never tracked.

Problem I have is that the extra weight of the roof on the vert was causing the rear springs to fully compress. Because of this I had to purchase a set of springs separately.

The H&R Race springs will fit all e46s with sports or aftermarket shocks.
Part Number is: 50484-88

Fronts are NEW, Rears have less than 5000KM as well.

*More pics will follow in the next couple of weeks*

Asking:
$1100 for the KWs
$300 for the H&Rs

PM me if you're interest... if you're in Melbourne I can lend you a set of spring compressors as well :thumbup:

·
Registered
131 Posts
Why the change in coilovers?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Selling cuz I've purchased another set of coilovers with stiffer springs rates to combat the binding problem from the roof.

Probably an OCD thing.. but I cant stand not having matching suspension all round, not to mention I've lost the height adjustability in the rear..

Hence I wouldn't recommend this for convertibles.. I found out the hard way :facepalm:

·
Registered
104 Posts
What sort of drop can I expect from the rears on my 330?

I'm expressing interest quite keen on these and some new wheels. But will need to do an EOI for mine to see if I can re-coup some of the money spent!

Where abouts in Melb are you?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Sorry meant the coilovers, as in whats the min height they can go down to?
Pics would be great if you have any :)

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[Update - Hopefully will have everything off by the end of next week]
Pics on car for those interested... also want to give a shout out to Athid who did the guard rolling (rear), pumped the guards by about 4mm.. No more rubbing :thumbsup:

Front KW V1 (can go about a 1" lower than pictured):

Rear - H&R Race Springs:
Coilovers springs at the rear will go lower by about an .5"-1" as well if I remember correctly..

Also I'm located in Melbourne CBD....

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
Hold up.. wait a minute.. when did u get the LM's??? they look legit man!!!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hold up.. wait a minute.. when did u get the LM's??? they look legit man!!!
Nah they're Vortex Tuning, quite happy with the fit and finish on these. Weighs just under 10kg per wheel :thumbup:

Considered the Linea Corse LMs.. but theres something about them that doesn't look right.

BMW performance brakes are legit!
PM me about vinyling your chrome.
Thought about doing this when I had the black wheels... but I kind like how it ties in with the polished rims now.

·
Registered
11,981 Posts
nah they're vortex tuning, quite happy with the fit and finish on these. Weighs just under 10kg per wheel :thumbup:

Considered the linea corse lms.. But theres something about them that doesn't look right.

Thought about doing this when i had the black wheels... But i kind like how it ties in with the polished rims now.
do want!! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts