BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all-

Here's my baby after some requisite snow storm donuts http://i.imgur.com/Ay5OQaz.jpg

I'm dithering on when I should sell my beloved girl. I've had the itch for an e30 for some time now and since I'm now provided with a car from work as my daily driver, I hardly drive my e46 anymore. I'd love to take on an e30 that needs a little TLC that becomes my special car to drive. It sits in the garage mostly and I figure maybe I should hand her on to someone who would get more use out of her. Problem is, I have no idea how much I should sell her for. Thus, here I am.

Here's the stats on her:
  • 198k miles
  • 325i Touring, Staublau metallic, black interior
  • RWD
  • 5 speed manual
  • Title in hand
Off the top of my head, here's what I've done to her (aside from usual oil changes, brakes, fluids etc) since I've had her the last 2.5 years. Unfortunately I don't have any prior history. I do have a stack of paperwork from what I've done, though.
  • Oil filter housing gasket
  • Full cooling system overhaul/replacement
  • VANOS rebuild
  • Power steering pump
  • Left rear wheel bearing
  • Belts, tensioners, pulleys
  • Front lower control arms, bushings and bushing carriers
  • Battery replacement
I also have a set of summer tires (Continental Extreme DWs) on 18" Sport Edition wheels and winter tires (Blizzak WS70) on 17" M-Contour replicas.

Here's the issue list:
  • Had a front colission before me, rebuilt title. Though, I've never had an issue that I'd attribute to that. My mechanic inspected it prior to my purchase and gave it the thumbs up on the repair.
  • Small rust areas that should be easy to treat. Two on the tailgate, one on the passenger rear rocker panel. If I keep her, I'm going to have a go at it myself. However, the rest of the paint is in fantastic shape.
  • I suspect I've got a vacuum leak somewhere and just haven't taken the time to track it down. Basically I get an RPM surge.
So, I know the age, issues and mileage is against me, but I know the rarity of this car is for me. (Exceptionally few manual transmission RWD e46 sport wagons entered the US.)

I was thinking $3k. Thoughts anyone?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Sounds like an awesome price, even with the title. With all the guys on here looking for a touring, I'd even bring it up $500 or so.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry guys. I've been traveling for work and been super busy.

I finally got to drive her yesterday for the first time in like a month with the spring giving a hint of coming and I don't think I can part with her. Not just yet, anyway. She's paid for, easy and cheap to maintain, and I've got other stuff going on in life where I don't need a project car right now.

Thanks for the interest. At least I know I won't have much of a problem unloading her should the day come.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Thanks for responding. I can understand why you would keep the car. However, you are probably the 11th person that has changed their mind about selling their wagon. I kid you not. I'm not mad, like I said, I understand. Good luck and enjoy your car.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

1 - 10 of 10 Posts