BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I would like to gauge if there is enough interest for me to sell my Flossman hood. Flossman is the first to make a replica of the vented hood on the BMW M3 GTR race car. It is full carbon fiber with a few fiberglass support braces. It is lighter than most, if not all, aftermarket hoods for the M3. This one is painted carbon black with the vent slats exposed in carbon fiber.

There are, however, a few imperfections with my hood. It was in much worse shape when I first got it. I went through a couple of body shops to properly paint it and had the help of many friends to get it properly mounted.

First, the opening for the grills are too big, so I had to epoxy my carbon fiber grills on. Therefore, the hood comes with carbon fiber grills.

Second, the screw threads at the mounting points were stripped. We had to use a tap wrench to create a larger thread and a tricky combination of thicker screws and washers to mount the hood.

Third, the screw thread at one of the mounting points of the hood latch was also rusted and stripped. So we had to dremel a hole near the latch so that we could fit a wrench head and a nut to securely hold the screw on the other side to mount the latch.

Finally, there are some pinholes on the vent slats. When I first got the hood, there were a lot more of them. The first body shop managed to take out some of them by laying down a new layer of clearcoat. However, they also used too much clearcoat and now there are some excess clearcoat runoff and some clearcoat peeling. The second body shop was able to clean up a lot of this but there are still some left.

I would like your OEM hood in carbon black plus $800 OBO for this hood as-is. Or, I can sell my hood outright for $1100 OBO but I would need a couple weeks to find an OEM hood. I would prefer to deal with Los Angeles area locals first since they would have the opportunity to check out the hood in person. The carbon fiber grill is included. I believe this hood retails for about $2200 brand new. Please feel free to PM me if you are interested or have any questions. Thanks!

I will ship the hood at the buyer's expense!

·
Registered
212 Posts
nice hood man...just a little too pricey
i'd rather buy a new vorsteiner for that price...

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is one sick hood...
Thanks! Let me know if you ever roll to that weekly Thursday meet on Washington again. I might join you guys next time.

nice hood man...just a little too pricey
i'd rather buy a new vorsteiner for that price...
Thanks...and you're certainly welcome to buy a new Vorsteiner hood for around that price range. I would say that this hood is lighter than any of the Vorsteiner hoods, definitely more rare/exclusive and probably more functional since the overall area of the vents is larger, the slats are thinner and the slats are at a steeper angle. This hood is also as close as you can get to the original M3 GTR hood. My price is definitely negotiable...it's set to ward off the inevitable lowballers. ;)

·
Europrojektz Southeast
1,448 Posts
Dru,
I am in the market for a new hood but the problem is we are on the opposite side of the country. :bawling: :banghead:

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm officially putting my hood up for sale/trade. Please feel free to PM me with offers...my prices are negotiable. :woot:

·
Registered
29,086 Posts
That thing is sexxxxy

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just curious...any reason your taking it off your car? It looks :drool:
I just kinda want to switch it up...still not sure what tho. :loco:

BTW, I believe that ///M3 hoods should be able to fit pre-facelift non-///M E46 coupes with some minor adjustments to the fenders.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts