E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I went to dealership to order a DISA o-ring, was happy with reasonable price. On my way back home, I was enjoying curvy road in 55mph and suddenly car hit a humpy hill, flew for a second lol..And look what I got.

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:
Rearview mirror fell off, windshield washer leaked as well..Joy does cost indeed.

So, i gotta fix that corner light..Thankfully I have a spare corner lens.
Question is, how do I reconnect cable into those socket wrapped with tube?

Few inches of cable is gone along with lens and socket..

Maybe I could just cut the end of those cables and put'em on the socket just like in passenger side..
Since I've never worked on corner light wiring, gonna need your help :banghead:

TIA :hi:

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^indeed..I don't know it's relevant, but there's a small hump on driver's side of tire.

-_- hope it won't explode middle of the highway just like rear tire..

Anyway, I was looking for electrical connector for bulb socket, I couldn't find this damn thing..

Says..
lamp 9-968642-1
BMW 8 373 332
9-968643-1 C

Obviously those are not BMW part number, I cannot find it at all..
Does anybody know the part number of this connector? :banghead:

·
Registered
903 Posts
*when spirited driving goes bad*

Looks like you took it a little too far on this one. Ditch tire with bulge immediately

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Gotta replace that tire. Steel belt inside snapped...

8 373 332 is the BMW part number for that connector btw.

To properly fix that conector, order that part number, and then two of these: 61130006624. Then snip the original wires and strip the ends. Strip the ends of the two new wires you ordered as well. Twist them together, solder, then seal with heatshrink tubing. Plug the other ends of the new wires into the new socket (they'll be designed to snap right in). You now have a repaired turn signal socket. If you ever plan on running LEDs, make sure you get the polarity right (reference the other side if it was never modified).

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
^So, it is relevant to today's incident..:banghead:
After pulling my hairs for half an hour, I found it. It's 61138373332..
realoem.com couldn't, pelicanparts couldn't, even Google couldn't find it, but ECS did. :thumbup:
http://www.ecstuning.com/BMW-E46-323Ci-M52_2.5L/Search/8_373_332/ES165762/
If you just typed in the numbers after "BMW" in realoem, tischer, etc... you would've gotten the same result. The 11 digit and 7 digit part numbers are interchangable. Notice how the final 7 digits of that part number are identical to the 7 digits after "BMW" on your socket.

http://realoem.com/bmw/showparts.do?model=BN53&mospid=47713&btnr=63_0731&hg=63&fg=10&hl=66

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^indeed..That's why I found universal socket housing that goes to different parts at first..

To properly fix that conector, order that part number, and then two of these: 61130006624. Then snip the original wires and strip the ends. Strip the ends of the two new wires you ordered as well. Twist them together, solder, then seal with heatshrink tubing. Plug the other ends of the new wires into the new socket (they'll be designed to snap right in). You now have a repaired turn signal socket. If you ever plan on running LEDs, make sure you get the polarity right (reference the other side if it was never modified).
Awesomer!
I was planning to modify the wires and install them on the socket..That way looks better and safer. Thank you sir :bow:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts