BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These folks will charge you for fast three day shipping but then use USPS priority mail and your parts will be delayed. They should use fedex or UPS. They will go round and round. I paid for three day shipping 12 bucks and with the vetern day may get the parts in 9 days. Meanwhile the vehicle is red lined.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,261 Posts
Have you contacted them and discussed the situation? FCP's customer service is pretty good, by all accounts.

Sorry to hear about your car's status. Sounds like it's more of a USPS problem than an FCP problem though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I've had some issues with FCP myself. My next order I'll be trying a different company.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes I emailed with them twice with one response that "the package was still on time," it was not. Also I am paying for the same time it would have otherwise been free shipping, the deal was 12 bucks for three days. That is their advertising and the reason I used them. Not 12 bucks for 9 days. I could have traveled to them and picked it up myself. I'm guessing this is not the first time such a thing has happened, no hard feelings just putting this out so others will not be disappointed as I have been.

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,261 Posts
Their competitive pricing and no-questions-asked lifetime warranty cover a multitude of sins, STS.

Still, sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully they will do right by you and issue you a refund for the extra shipping cost at least.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed. I used to use amazon but started getting wrong parts I think because now their are so many 3rd party sellers.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Being In the mid Atlantic I do FCP all day everyday with the free shipping option and get it in 3-4. Shrug. Have ordered a few thousand dollars worth of stuff for my various bmws from them and have had little problems. Sometimes they will leave out an item and then ship it no questions asked when I call. Customer support is great.

Of all things to be upset over I feel like shipping is one of those things they have the least amount of control over.

Have you ordered much from them before this? I’ve heard people bitch about how the snap on lifetime warranty is crap when in reality it’s because they go up to the tool truck with a secondhand tool found at a flea market and demand it be fixed. Whereas if you actually buy stuff from them and develop rapport they will bend over backwards for you.

Sorry you had a bad experience with them. I’m sure they will help you out after bad mouthing them on forums haha hmm

Sent from my iPad using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like some of you have had a good experience, I have ordered twice. Their marketing attracted me to them. Just have to wait and see how they respond. Not spending thousands with poor business practices. Don't let dealerships bite me either. Do it myself.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
It may also help to give them a call during business hours and talk to someone about your concerns. I’ve always had good responses when talking on the phone with them

Sent from my iPad using E46Fanatics

·
Registered
889 Posts
I have had great success with them and i suggest you reach out to them and they will take care of you. Give them a call. I had an incorrect item sent to me and once i informed them what happened, they took care of it free of charge and in a matter of a few days had the correct item in my possession. Top notch service all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
582 Posts
I would also suggest that if you need parts at a specific time you may consider calling when placing the order to make sure it happens. Priority mail is a guaranteed delivery service and is usually dependable but I'm sure you can work out something else. I've never done this with FCP Euro, but I have with other parts suppliers before and have never had a problem. My experience with FCP matches what others have said - they have always done a good job and their service were easy to reach.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to everyone for your words of encouragement, it has definitely helped my attitude regards, Bob

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bob,

Kyle from FCP Euro here.

Sorry to hear that this happened. It's really not how we do business, but sometimes mistakes are made.

Regardless, we'll make it right. Send me an email at [email protected] and I'll get this resolved ASAP.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

·
Registered
5,930 Posts
Depending on the value and size of the package the free shipping carrier can change. I use the free shipping whenever I can and it takes 5 days to Wisconsin. The last 2 orders came Fedex, one free shipping and one paid. The first one had a part missing, it fell out of a part of the box that wasn't taped. I called and they sent it out the same day, in the mean time I found that it had slipped out of the box on my front porch. When the project is done I will call them and have them bill me for it because I ended up needing it anyway. Personally I prefer UPS but I'm sure they have worked a deal with Fedex for the best rates.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Over way too many purchases, I***8217;ve had 100% positive experiences with FCP.

... other than the guilt I experience whenever I do a lifetime warranty exchange (not their fault).

·
Registered
990 Posts
Fcp has been amazing for me. I live in NYC, use their free shipping and get my stuff within 2 days of ordering usually

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

1 - 20 of 73 Posts