BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has probably been done before, maybe even with a poll, but just wondering what some of the favorite colors are for an E46 sedan?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I ask because my car is two colors. I hope to get it back to one someday - but that will be a while. I the meantime, I can dream.

It was Stahlblau when I bought it, I liked that color.

I was able to get a Red Sienna wagon as a parts car and fixed the front end damage with that. The red has grown on me and now I'm not sure what I want to do with the car.

·
Sienna Red Coupe
6,724 Posts
I drove a sienna red 328 for about 10 years and so it will always hold a place in my heart. I'd consider it my favorite E46 color, with Leguna Seca blue right behind it.

I remember seeing that wagon for sale in WV browsing Craigslist last year. What kind of shape is it in now? Wasn't it t-boned?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I scrapped it after I got the parts I needed off of it. Swapped the interior into my sedan though - real leather instead of leatherette!

It was in pretty bad shape - the guy had lost control on an icy road at 45 MPH and the back end came around into a tree.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I drove a sienna red 328 for about 10 years and so it will always hold a place in my heart. I'd consider it my favorite E46 color, with Leguna Seca blue right behind it.

I remember seeing that wagon for sale in WV browsing Craigslist last year. What kind of shape is it in now? Wasn't it t-boned?

This one was done. No fixing that.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I like the rarer E46 colors such as Sienna Red, Oxford Green, Mystic Blue, Topaz Blue, and Sparkling Graphite.

Chiarettorot Metallic is definitely an interesting color:
I like the Mystic Blue a lot - I think the Estoril looks a little too vibrant. Not trying to draw too much attention to me.

And the Sienna Red is good looking. Chiarettorot is very interesting but a bit too much like red wine IMO

·
Registered
'02 330i 5-Speed
5,258 Posts
Spannerhead I see you have an XC90 - me too! How do you like yours?
We hate it. ;) Lol. It's falling apart. We overpaid for it almost 3 years ago and we can't get rid of it soon enough.

Don't want to indict all XC90s, but ours was obviously run hard and put away wet when we got it.

·
Registered
'03 E46 325i with 6MT & LSD
2,185 Posts
Anything that's individual.

Of course there's bias towards the blues: estoril, le mans, interlagos, santorini, yas marina, laguna seca, avus.

Oxford green, the metallic purples (tourmalline purple metallic comes to mind), the metallic reds, and imola red.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I'm a sucker for an Oxford Green, Imola Red, Alpine White or Titanium Silver E46.
+1 on Oxford and Imola. I don't think I've seen any Oxford Green sedans in person before though.

I'm obviously biased for Steel Grey, but I've only ever seen a few SG sedans I like. IMO, it belongs on a coupe.

Two colors I'd absolutely love to see on an E46 sedan are Avus Blue and Byzanz Orange Metallic. I think they'd compliment a sedan / touring well. I'll post some pics below:

And the Byzanz Orange

Sent from my 831C using E46Fanatics mobile app

·
Registered
516 Posts
Anything that's individual.

Of course there's bias towards the blues: estoril, le mans, interlagos, santorini, yas marina, laguna seca, avus.
Gotta love the blues.

However - Laguna Seca is about one of the ugliest colors I've ever seen on an E46 sedan. I know a guy with an LSB sedan, and it's just hideous to me. Maybe it's due in part to his white wheels, but I don't even think different wheels would help him out much.

Oh yeah, and I love Laguna Seca.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts