BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed my turn signal bulbs when I got my clears, everything was ok for 2 or 3 days, then the dashboard fault light for the drivers side is now on. I've tried changing back to the old bulbs, but the dashboard indicator still says the front drivers side is out but it's not. Do I need to reset something?

·
Banned
1,191 Posts
Does the bulb flash faster than the rest? If not then the bulb is fine and maybe something to do with the cluster lights. The computer should continuously sense the bulb's resistance which is how the computer can tell if the bulb went out.

rk

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe this bulb is somehow bad, although it still lights up. But the other bulb did the same thing when I exchanged them. It's very annoying to see this on my dash!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great call man!!! That's exactly what it is, the high beam was out. All along I thought it was the turn signal, because I changed my bulbs to white. I might use this oppertunity to change my headlights, they're halogens. Thanks again!!

·
Registered
782 Posts
kozmo said:
Great call man!!! That's exactly what it is, the high beam was out. All along I thought it was the turn signal, because I changed my bulbs to white. I might use this oppertunity to change my headlights, they're halogens. Thanks again!!

Halogens uhhhh :eek: :thumbdwn:

1st mod ( if don't already come equipped ) should be Xenon.
Xenon are the best mod for the buck you can get. Everyone can see them. And a new BMW without xenon is just no new BMW at all.

Don't mean to put you in the spotlight.... But YES! This is the opportunity to change to Xenon. And not Fake Xenon. REAL D2S bulb XENON.

And not just you. EVERYONE! You don't know what your missing without them. I drove my car 2 days before I put xenon on. and what a difference. SAFTY! I can see 3X more.

Also... If you don't want to go the SAFTY route... You can do what I did...

Xenon moved up a few lvls above normal so what your high beams would be.... Are my normal headlights. Then put Headlight 80W bulbs in the fogs. ( This won't work for all fogs ) Aim the fogs right at the ground to cover the area on the sides, and right in front of the car. Then if people flash you... Don't use your high beams. The fogs will get the job done.

You need to save the high beams. Because the high beams turn night into day and you can see 100s of feet in front of you.

It's really cool! Just not very safe. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts