E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi im having problems again :( and i hope someone can point me in the right direction! My problems is as follows : i have fault codes 272C and 272A and my mechanic changed the MAF sensor, with a second hand one! it seemed a little better but far from fixed! today i took a sensor from a working car and put it in mine and still the same so now im 99% sure its not a sensor problem! the symptoms are when im stopped with the car in D (auto box) its very jumpy or stutters! the rev counter wobbles a bit but dosnt rev up and down! also if i try to open the oil filler cap with the engine running the car cuts out!! has anyone had this or hear of this before?? any help will be great! i dont wanna go changing bits to see the results anymore as ive spent a lot already with ring seals and other things! would love a couple of months problem free now! thanks!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
met a guy by chance today who just happens to have an opinion on this! i took the car over to his garage and he put the diagnostic on it! showed up my codes and others! so just reset them and waiting for the warning light to come on again so can read fresh codes! i will post results if his suspicion is correct! fingers crossed!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts