E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, call me picky, but this thing is an ugly ivory, and it's clunky. I don't want it anywhere on my windshield. Anyone have creative placements for them? Keep in mind I may carpool, and I want to be able to hide it away so as not to get charged in the HOT lanes.

·
Registered
5,674 Posts
Ok, call me picky, but this thing is an ugly ivory, and it's clunky. I don't want it anywhere on my windshield. Anyone have creative placements for them? Keep in mind I may carpool, and I want to be able to hide it away so as not to get charged in the HOT lanes.
sunroof?:lmao:

32,901 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I am not sure how sensitive the sensors are that you are dealing with, but we have EZ Pass sensors to get into secure parking area in my condo, and I am able to keep mine up in my visor, and it works most of the time. Occasionally, I have to fold the visor down to trigger it, but it always works, and the gate opens before I get to it. Have you tried that yet? It is out of sight, unles you fold the visor down. But I agree, those things are ugly, and there is no way I am sticking it to my windshield.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Unfortunately FasTrak transponders are too big for the sun visor. These things are nearly the size of a CD case. The leather pouch thing makes it too nice, and I'd be afraid someone would think it was valuable and break into the car. I like the sticker idea though...

Maybe the suction cup thing is the best, and put a sticker over it, lol...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys,

A little over a week ago we started getting a bump in traffic and when I tracked down the source it took me to this particular thread. A week later, I am now a brand new sponsor and hoping to get some feedback on what you would like to see as a solution for the EZ-Pass, Fastrak, I-Pass, etc. (whatever toll transponder) that you use. I started Tonic Concepts over a year ago at first just trying to create a solution for my own car (I used to hide it in my glovebox too but then I got in 2 near accidents trying to find it at the last second) but then found that people liked my product and were willing to buy it. A year later I've had some modest success on my website, Amazon, and selling to some higher end dealerships but now I want to create a brand new product design. We already have some great ideas from our existing customers but any feedback (general or specific) on what you would like to see would really help me and my designer. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
122 Posts
Paint it black, problem solved.

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
I keep mine in my glovebox and just throw it on the dash lol
i used to do that until i got pulled over for it not beeping at the gate. Cop said it has to be affixed to the windshield. It was a ****ing moving violation :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
324 Posts
i used to do that until i got pulled over for it not beeping at the gate. Cop said it has to be affixed to the windshield. It was a ****ing moving violation :thumbdwn:
that is complete BS. How can he give you a ticket when you have the device?? He seriously gave you a ticket for that? Even when you pulled it out and showed him? I signed my car up (via license plate) online and whenever I go through a Fastrak lane and the ugly little brick doesn't register, they just auto charge my card for the toll based on my license plate. works like a charm. never had an issue.

·
Registered
19,665 Posts
You are welcome

Hi guys,

A little over a week ago we started getting a bump in traffic and when I tracked down the source it took me to this particular thread. A week later, I am now a brand new sponsor and hoping to get some feedback on what you would like to see as a solution for the EZ-Pass, Fastrak, I-Pass, etc. (whatever toll transponder) that you use. I started Tonic Concepts over a year ago at first just trying to create a solution for my own car (I used to hide it in my glovebox too but then I got in 2 near accidents trying to find it at the last second) but then found that people liked my product and were willing to buy it. A year later I've had some modest success on my website, Amazon, and selling to some higher end dealerships but now I want to create a brand new product design. We already have some great ideas from our existing customers but any feedback (general or specific) on what you would like to see would really help me and my designer. Thank you in advance

·
Registered
324 Posts
Ooo! thank you. I usually keep my fast track in my door map pocket until I need it then I throw it on the dash. this will keep it from banging around my map pocket and sliding on my dash :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts