E46 Fanatics Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
I took your word for it, and ordered a bottle of this stuff. I hope it works as well as you say!

You'll dig it.. I should have also said that there's no real difference between the regular stuff and aircraft grade. They just have to call it "aircraft certified" to use on military aircraft, and charge more for the certification. Same reason why a set of Snapon wrenches in my own garage costs $200, but our "aircraft certified" wrenches at work cost $450.

·
Registered
13 Posts
can anyone comment on this extractor kit?

http://www.amazon.com/Alden-1007P-Piece-Master-Extractor/dp/B0002ESD80/ref=pd_sim_hi_2

i need to remove one snapped bolt holding the valve cover on my E90. apparently, for my year, bmw used aluminum bolts, and it is speculated that they were over torqued at the factory, making them susceptible to failure. mine broke all by itself and i just pulled it out by hand. any advice much appreciated. never extracted a bolt before. great thread btw -- much thanks to the op and other posters.

edit: looks like i might be able to get an individual extractor tool from napa

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Some really great info there! I can relate with this thread, loosening my rear shocks to lower the car.... over time the weak as sh1t nuts got stripped untill they were round. took about 4 hours untill i finally drilled the side of the nut so far i could see the thread. then managed to somehow get it off. that was a nightmare. I still have the fvcked up nut in my cup holder as a trophy.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.