BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i didn't want to revive a year-old thread regarding an identical issue. it would appear that my usual service advisor is no longer working at the dealership (difeo bmw in tenafly, nj btw) from where i purchased my car...which is very unfortunate because he always treated me with respect (most other advisors would quickly belittle my inquiries and comments for whatever reason...probably because i'm a relatively young customer).

i am going in to replace my brake pads (or diagnose why the brake pad sensor has activated -- a friend of mine who is an independent mechanic, a member here actually, agrees i have ~10k miles left). however, i worry that my warranty coverage will be denied for the following reasons:

1. my regular advisor is no longer listed on their website
http://www.bmwoftenafly.com/Department-Service.aspx

2. the current advisors were very difficult to work with (this was when i was completely stock)

3. my car was towed to a dealership near school a few months ago due to my engine overheating and they initially denied my warranty because of my 19" rims (which i only drove for <~500 miles). i eventually had them pay for it 100%, but it was a HUGE PITA that ultimately involved a letter written to Herb Chambers :banghead:

4. it's clearly not stock and i feel like many dealerships attempt to weasel their way into denying coverage for modded cars. justifiably so, but more knowledgeable advisors who, perhaps, have more authority to validate certain claims and know the intricacies of warranty coverage WILL overlook your mods.

5. i'm starting to think that my usual guy was fired (or promoted?) for being too generous. in any case, i would like to avoid the hassle of dealing with a stealership that may or may not be extra strict with vehicles modded to any extent.

i wouldn't necessarily call them "corrupt," but which dealerships near northern NJ have you visited recently with your modded e46 for repairs covered by warranty? and who was your advisor?

i was also planning to have my bmw business radio and window regulators replaced... typical issues (lcd; stuttering windows). i don't want to hear that the window regulators won't be replaced due to the tint film or something equally absurd :ben:

·
Registered
669 Posts
try bmw of bloomfield i have never had any probs there

·
Registered
497 Posts
You should also try Park Ave BMW. They're really nice guys. Difeo tends to be snobby, just like the area it's in ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
JMK Auto Sales... ask for Ron

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks everyone. i'll give them a call tomorrow to see if they are available this saturday. hopefully there will be no problems...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know this thread has been out for a while but didn't want to start a new one. I can't help it but I have to vent. Difeo is horrible, from sales to service. I was in the area and my tailight was out so I drive up and ask if I can have the bulb change (needed a hand if it was the brake light), knowing the other dealers in northern jersey would do it in the parking lot for free in 5 min. So I figured I'd give them another chance, Dude at service wanted me to bring the car in the shop and charge an hours labor. Horrible Difeo!

·
Registered
335 Posts
only reason i bought my car there was b/c the salesman gave me a deal ic ouldn't pass up, but he was on his way out anyway (which is why i think i got such a great deal). but since then, their service has been terrible. last oil change i had, they forgot to put the bellypan back on and i drove without for few weeks. wasn't till i got the car back on a lift for a separate issue (at an indy shop) i realized it was missing. they didn't even bother to contact me during those weeks. u'd think the tech realized he forgot to put it on b/c when i called difeo, they said "oh yea, it's still here... we were waiting for you to come back."

2nd rant, i actually purchased the wheel/tire insurance. they replaced 1 rft free of charge so i felt pretty good about my decision about purchasing it. fast forward few months when i swapped out the rft's and the tire shop pointed to how one of the other RFTs was repaired, wtf? i never took my car elsewhere to once get the tires fixed/swapped.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow, that is surprising because i had no problems at all...

i think they treat you differently if you purchased the car there. screw them in any case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts