E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience with those fake Hamann kits they sell on eBay for like $499. Fitment? Quality? :dunno:

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
I ordered my side skirts from Utomo, the quality seems real good, and fitment seemed fine. I'm gonna get them painted and installed this weekend. I heard nothing but good things from the kits Utomo sells, so I went with him to get my side skirts. I didn't see the point in paying so much for Hamann side skirts if they were still fiber glass, not sure on the rear's fitment though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bimmerchop said:
I ordered my side skirts from Utomo, the quality seems real good, and fitment seemed fine. I'm gonna get them painted and installed this weekend. I heard nothing but good things from the kits Utomo sells, so I went with him to get my side skirts. I didn't see the point in paying so much for Hamann side skirts if they were still fiber glass, not sure on the rear's fitment though.
Thanks, thats helpful. I really dont think there would too much of a problem. My experience working in a performance shop i have spent many hours trying to put on bad fitting Japanese kits. This doesnt seem like a hard kit to replicate at all.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
what shop do you work at in VA!, I might have to come to you when I come back up north for the summer ill be in MD part of the summer then moving to NY near the end...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Naww. I used to work for a shop called Nu Image Autosports. We owned Type R Racing. We had the quickest and fastest record this year for an all motor import in the world. But it is a strictly Japanese performance/styling shop. I worked there form 1999 to Spring of 2002. It was fun. Got to travel America for shows and races, learn alot about cars and meet all models, pro guys and companies. But left to make more $$$.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts