BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I just put my clears on last night :) but the two lights on the trunk exterior, the white part is kinda faded and doesn't match the crystal clear look of the rear tail lights. Who sells these and what are they called?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen cars that match up perfectly...but I dunno. Maybe 99' 323's have funky reverse lights :dunno:

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah I was planning on calling pacifc, hope they have them.

·
Registered
291 Posts
L-I-B said:
I've seen cars that match up perfectly...but I dunno. Maybe 99' 323's have funky reverse lights :dunno:
Same problem here...it bothers me but I dont know if I want to drop 80 bucks or so for new revers lights. Its tough to say if its that noticable to others, or just me bc its my car?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
mike1r, other people have noticed it already on my car. And I have definatly noticed it cus I'm anal about my car. I think its worth it, as long as the new OEM match well.

·
Registered
291 Posts
there was a similar thread a few weeks ago and some people talked about how cleaning them might help but someone tried and it didnt seem effective to him. Its probably more of a daydream but maybe a group buy could save us some loot bc im sure alot of people would be interested....who knows. why cant they just match dammit!

·
1,115 Posts
theres nothing you can do, just go to the stealer and cough up $80 bux for some clean/clear ones. i had to do it 9 months ago.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
did yours match perfectly when you got the new OEM ones?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
awesome, guess I'll just call pacific today

·
Registered
35 Posts
If the outside plastic lens is just slightly scratched making them look fadded, a little 3M Imperial Hand Glaze goes a long way. It take out very fine scratches and make them look new.

·
Registered
702 Posts
My 323 is also faded very much... Its very annopying and nasty when i look at it during the day time, but at night its not as obvious..

·
Registered
130 Posts
mike1r said:
there was a similar thread a few weeks ago and some people talked about how cleaning them might help but someone tried and it didnt seem effective to him. Its probably more of a daydream but maybe a group buy could save us some loot bc im sure alot of people would be interested....who knows. why cant they just match dammit!
your not alone.

thread..

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=195398

Mine aren't too bad, but it is noticiable in direct sunlight. What I'm wondering though is if I can replace my 323ci's reverse lights with the newer style reverse lights that have the little white square surrounded by red.

·
1,115 Posts
BigWorm said:
your not alone.

thread..

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=195398

Mine aren't too bad, but it is noticiable in direct sunlight. What I'm wondering though is if I can replace my 323ci's reverse lights with the newer style reverse lights that have the little white square surrounded by red.
yeah you can use '04 reverse lenses. they are a direct swap. i personally dont like the '04's (i feel it makes the pattern too civic-ish) but hey if you are looking to upgrade and get some different than what you had, that would be the way to go.

·
Registered
208 Posts
ryank said:
If the outside plastic lens is just slightly scratched making them look fadded, a little 3M Imperial Hand Glaze goes a long way. It take out very fine scratches and make them look new.
My brother mentioned doing this as well. I'm going to try it one of these days before I cough up the money for new replacements...it'll take me forever to save up my tip money for 'em anyway. :tsk:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts