BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get some sort of monitor for my new m3. I know the factory NAV will look more integrated into the car. Are there any aftermarket systems out there that look good? I was looking into the Alpine which is a nav system and multimedia center. Pioneer looks good as well. Does the factory have any stunning visual effects like the aftermarkets?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
198 Posts
um

check out Www.gpsdiscount.com
i just bought a new Garmin Streetpoilt III Color , its really nice for 770 shipped with tons of extras
-mike
 

·
hammer talks like this
Joined
·
4,206 Posts
i orginally wanted to go kenwwod. i love there touch screen nav system... easy to use... but i couldnt make kenwwod work in the setup like i have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
241 Posts
Alpine is the best you can go. If you go to there website they have demos. But also pioneer is one of the best too. Alpine and pioneer are like bmw and mercedes of nav. Pioneer comes with a screen and nav package together.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was thinking about the clarion touch screen...but it doesnt look like it would match a black leather interior...plus i've read LCD picture quality is not great
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
151 Posts
go for the eclipse av8132 or the av8022.... indash dvd 6.5" screen with great picture quality and possibly the best sound quality... reason i say possibly is because i havent tried all of them yet but this is by far the best. i have tried alpine, kenwood, clarion, eclipse...and eclipse is the best imho.....
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
pinoypc said:
i was thinking about the clarion touch screen...but it doesnt look like it would match a black leather interior...plus i've read LCD picture quality is not great
be careful.. if you get the clarion vrx925, you can not add a nav to it.

pioneer alpine all make great nav..

but nothing beats the touchscreen nav on the kenwood :D
 

·
Manwhore
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
If i could have done it all over again.. i would have NOT gotten bmw navi, and would have gone with the kind Bender posted. There are even much better systems out there than the bmws.
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:
If i could have done it all over again.. i would have NOT gotten bmw navi, and would have gone with the kind Bender posted. There are even much better systems out there than the bmws.
that setup is pure custom, and i don't think it looks as good as the OEM nav screen. but to each his own, plus $$$$$$$

i would stick with OEM nav, and get NAV-TV then add a dvd player to it...

that's the cleanest set up ever :thumbup:
 

·
Manwhore
Joined
·
2,799 Posts
e46boy said:


that setup is pure custom, and i don't think it looks as good as the OEM nav screen. but to each his own, plus $$$$$$$

i would stick with OEM nav, and get NAV-TV then add a dvd player to it...

that's the cleanest set up ever :thumbup:

well if you dont plan to upgrade the HK system, then your plan is perfect. For me i upgraded my interior speakers and my stock radio isnt cutting it as far as SQ. Also you spend about 2k on the navigation from bmw, and you can easily get an aftermarket one for that price that would sound better.

But like i said, if you arent a hardcore audio fan, then you setup is perfect for most.
:thumbup:
 

·
call me kev :D
Joined
·
6,179 Posts
CrazyBimmer said:



well if you dont plan to upgrade the HK system, then your plan is perfect. For me i upgraded my interior speakers and my stock radio isnt cutting it as far as SQ. Also you spend about 2k on the navigation from bmw, and you can easily get an aftermarket one for that price that would sound better.

But like i said, if you arent a hardcore audio fan, then you setup is perfect for most.
:thumbup:
:D not liking the idea of adding unnessary weight to the car aka subs and amps. I think the most enjoyable sound from my car is the roar from the engine and my exhuast :D HK is good enough for me, and with my in dash dvd, everything works out just fine :thumbup:
 

·
hammer talks like this
Joined
·
4,206 Posts
e46boy said:


that setup is pure custom, and i don't think it looks as good as the OEM nav screen. but to each his own, plus $$$$$$$

i would stick with OEM nav, and get NAV-TV then add a dvd player to it...

that's the cleanest set up ever :thumbup:
nav-tv is a $1200 upgrade from the stock nav. i dont know if that even includes the dvd player. on top of that its a mono sound.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
667 Posts
I've got OEM nav and while the integration is nice, I regret not getting aftermarket. Surround DVD sound, possible multiple screens, etc, etc... it's just so much more flexible.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
I have Business CD in 99 328i sport, Harman-Kardon system in my car. Prewired for navigation, I'd like to go factory. Two questions:
1) Can I use the wide-angle screen in my car or am I stuck with the 4:3 and tape player? I want to retain cd player in the headunit and not in the trunk.
2) If I upgrade will that disable the prewired phone system? I know the display for it is on the radio. I'm anxiously awaiting the bluetooth addon for the old-skool e46.

Also other than dealer where's a good place to buy this? There's a 4:3 on eBay with tape player for like $475 but I'd really like the widescreen and the cd, or even the cd and the 4:3. I just have no need for a tape player.

Preciate it
Carter
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top