E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made a comment in another forum about how I was considering a custom project that would take a current e46 M and facelift it. I am aware that the parts just dont fit and I would be forever flamed by many. but technically I think anything is possible and I would be unique. Now I was wondering if someone would be so kind as to pshop what an M would look like with the facelift coupe headlights. I have had one or two other comments about how I should do it but I gotta to have my facts straight before I even attempt the damn thing. I have the look in my head and boy does it sound nice. Think a vorsteiner hood with facelit with oem m3 grill/ fenders. Maybe Im dreaming but give me your opinions and tell me some great custom shops cuz I want to do it the more I think about it.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Well many may slate it and I probably wouldn't do it. BUT, I think it would look really good, it would be nice to see what it comes out like and it would be very unique. If you wanna do it man go for it, I bet it will look tight.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah but I need to get a pshop for reference and i need to do alot more reading and hear alot of opinions about how hard and what would need to be done. from there i will take it more seriously

·
Legendary like a schoolboy
6,365 Posts
you mean something like techniks car??

it's a four door btw.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well some people start listing parts and ideas of how it will need to get done. i know i will need custom fenders, facelift headlights, the little thingys below the headlights, custom hood, lots of gum and paperclips. I want to spend 30-32k on the car and try and keep the mods under 5-10k in custom work. if it seems to be too big of a hassle then i will just buy a zhp and try to make one as nice as oshin's

·
Banned
3,610 Posts
You will need:

1. Facelifted coupe hood. (there is no vorsteiner facelifted coupe yet) Then you have to custom fabricate power bulge, weld it to a hood, bondo and paint. The bulge from M3 hood won't work - it's aluminum.

2.You will need pair of M3 fenders and pair of facelifted coupe fenders. Cut the tips with corner shape off the M3 fenders and use tips from facelifted coupe fenders ti fit headlights. Of course you will need to weld 'em, bondo, paint.

3. Rear quarter panels from M3. You will need to shave your coupe rear quarter panels and weld on flares from M3 quarter panels. Bondo, paint.

4. Bumpers, skirts. Paint. If you feel lucky, try to find used painted ones in good condition.

Good luck! That'd be one smack of a nice project. Just don't pu$$y out or I will laugh at you like there is no tomorrow... j/k :thumbup:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Asterisk* said:
You will need:

1. Facelifted coupe hood. (there is no vorsteiner facelifted coupe yet) Then you have to custom fabricate power bulge, weld it to a hood, bondo and paint. The bulge from M3 hood won't work - it's aluminum.

2.You will need pair of M3 fenders and pair of facelifted coupe fenders. Cut the tips with corner shape off the M3 fenders and use tips from facelifted coupe fenders ti fit headlights. Of course you will need to weld 'em, bondo, paint.

3. Rear quarter panels from M3. You will need to shave your coupe rear quarter panels and weld on flares from M3 quarter panels. Bondo, paint.

4. Bumpers, skirts. Paint. If you feel lucky, try to find used painted ones in good condition.

Good luck! That'd be one smack of a nice project. Just don't pu$$y out or I will laugh at you like there is no tomorrow... j/k :thumbup:

Yeah It sounds more interesting by the day. But since those guys already did it i have to do something else to be even more unique. I love the ZHP suede seats. you think i could fit them in an M. I know alot of people would love M seats so I probably find someone to trade. And I would get cube trim for the ZHP feel. And I love the ZHP **** knob. I would love to figure out how to get the better steering ratio on the M like the ZHP has.

·
Registered
572 Posts
RichardG said:
Yeah It sounds more interesting by the day. But since those guys already did it i have to do something else to be even more unique. I love the ZHP suede seats. you think i could fit them in an M. I know alot of people would love M seats so I probably find someone to trade. And I would get cube trim for the ZHP feel. And I love the ZHP **** knob. I would love to figure out how to get the better steering ratio on the M like the ZHP has.

i think you would be better off just re-apholstering the ///M seats with suede, probably end up cheaper and more unique if thats what you are going for.

and for the better steering ratio you could go for M3 ZCP parts (14.5:1 from 15.4:1)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts