E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone, i'm stancing my 323ci from 2000 and i'm trying to build it as clean as possible!
been going around thinking about getting a new front and the only one i've been wanting so far is an m-tech 2 with an arqraylip but since my car is slammed i would probably wreck the lip fast.
now i've been looking for other alternatives and i somehow like the facelift front since i think is much cleaner that the non-facelift.

i've been offered a touring front from 2002, similar to this one, for like 45$:

my question is... would this fit on my non-facelift coupe?
if it doesn't fit bolt on, what do i need to before it will fit?
if the touring front doesn't fit, would a frontbumper from an facelift coupe fit bolt on?

thankful for as quick replies as possible! :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:banghead:

You are the worst sort of person in the world.
don't see how people hate stance so much :dunno:
i mean, does this look bad to you or what?

lol. coupes and sedans front end parts dont fit eachother.
still thought i would ask, just to see if someone had done it before or if someone know what would be needed to do to fit it in.

·
Registered
592 Posts
yes you can change bumpers and hoods as far as i know but not inter changeable between coupes and sedans (coupe on coupe, sedan on sedan), not sure with tourings... but if your doing the hood the fitment will never be right because of how different the fenders are on the pre facelift

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
The Sedan and Touring are the same back to the B pillar. Coupe parts don't fit the Touring either. and vice versa.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is it possible in some way to get it to fit? and if so, what would need to be done?

and how about facelift front on non-facelift? if it's from the same model (coupe to coupe)

·
Registered
114 Posts
Stancing lol

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Bimmer App

·
Registered
Best M5 Ever Made!
8,147 Posts
looks very impractical, be glad you live somewhere warm, waaiiiit a second, you're from Sweden! What the Fawk are you thinking? so this is obvs a car to only be used like 3 months out of the year? hahaaa.

and why the fuuck would you even consider swapping that bumper to another that clearly does not look as good?

·
Registered
821 Posts
You really tought about replacing your pretty sharp looking pre-face coupe front bumper with the worst looking bumper BMW ever made - e46 facelift sedan's one?! o_O

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'm switching it to original over the winter so it's used all year!
And yes I'm thinking of switching the front, just because i don't want the sharp look. want something thats clean, smooth and classy to go with the theme of the car! If it' possible to fit the facelift bumper on i will modify it a bit aswell to make it look better.

Could someone help me by telling if the swap is possible or not?!

·
Registered
475 Posts
You're trying to cheap out and spend $45. You're going to end up spending a lot of money trying to make it fit. You could sell your car and add the money you were going to spend on this project to what you sold your car for, and I'm sure it would be close to buying a facelift.

Why do you want a facelift sedan bumper on your PFL coupe? There are better bumper options.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
and that's one of the things i want to know... if it doesn't fit bolt on, what would need to be done (how expensive it would be to get it to fit)
and i don't want a facelifted car, just the front. And the reason why i want it is because i think it's a soft shaped, clean looking front. I've been thinking about m-tech but think it gets to aggressive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts