BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2006 coupe. if i buy the prefacelift fenders and headlights, will they fit? i know its weird going backwards but i love these rd fenders!

·
Registered
588 Posts
you have to get fenders, headlights, and hood

·
Registered
373 Posts
There's some other small parts, too, you'll need... fender trim, headlight trim, etc... but yes, if this is what you wanted to do, it's possible... I'm in the process of a facelift conversion right now

you have to get fenders, headlights, and hood
No. Hood is not necessary--- prefacelift and facelift hoods are interchangeable.

(I kept my prefacelift hood on my facelift conversion.)

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There's some other small parts, too, you'll need... fender trim, headlight trim, etc... but yes, if this is what you wanted to do, it's possible... I'm in the process of a facelift conversion right now

No. Hood is not necessary--- prefacelift and facelift hoods are interchangeable.

since im going back intime and your going forward, maybe we can help eachother out? i have the xenon headlights, auto level and turningn with ccfl angel eyes. or dde, i dun remember ;-)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Whay are you going back in time?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, there are NO PARTS OUT FOR THE DAMN FACELIFT, while im doing it, ill put the rd sport fenders or m3 fenders and a wide bumper with a sick prefacelift vorsteiner hood. i like the facelift better.. but... there is nothing available for it.

·
Registered
21,360 Posts
ur gonna lose the turning feature with the old style headlights...

·
Registered
21,360 Posts
y didnt u just buy a pre-facelift?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol, i wanted a new car. didnt wanna buy used, and didnt know much about this until now, but now thinking about it im slowly changing my mind. i kinda sound like a complete idiot right now!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts

no they arent, towards the outter edges of where the hood meets the outside of the headlight (where the facelift headlights usually curve up and the prefacelift curs down), the hoods are the same, however, as you come inward towards the kidney grilles, the hoods differ, on prefacelift, the angle of the slope is more steep as compared to the facelift. on the facelift coupe, the endge of the hood that slopes downward is a little more gradual and angled.

if you tried to put a prefacelift hood on a facelift, there will be a gap between the hood and the headlight in the section towards the kidney grilles.

in order to interchange the hoods, there would have to be some fabrication done, youre better off buying a prefacelift hood

**edit**

if the hoods were really interchangeable, then there wouldnt have been a need for people with facelift coupes to wait for vorsteiner to come out with a facelift CF hood, they could have just bought the hoods for the prefacelift coupes and slapped them onto their cars, however, because they are different, and different in fitment, facelift coupe owners had to wait for their hood

·
Registered
21,360 Posts
^^^ wrong.....

Vorsteiner's Facelift hood fits both pre and post facelift fine

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
^^^ wrong.....

Vorsteiner's Facelift hood fits both pre and post facelift fine
i was refering to their GTR hood for the prefacelifts and how those didnt fit facelifts :read:

**edit**

if the hoods were really interchangeable, then there wouldnt have been a need for people with facelift coupes to wait for vorsteiner to come out with a facelift CF hood, they could have just bought the hoods for the prefacelift coupes and slapped them onto their cars, however, because they are different, and different in fitment, facelift coupe owners had to wait for their hood

1 - 20 of 36 Posts