Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Looks like this is the best solution so far.. where else can you get these e90 bowls?

·
Registered
104 Posts
They have been hard to find. These new of cars don't make it to junk yard very often. I just looked on ebay again and found one that possibly has the bowl but they didn't show a picture of the back. I don't know of any other places besides those two yet.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
If anyone comes across a place, or an ebay auction with these, let us all know

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ended up going with an al e46 bowl because I was tired of guessing where the road was, it fits in pretty well but I need to rotate it a little, I currently have a v shaped light patern. They aren't great now but are much better than what I had, that's for sure

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Bimmer

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yeah, my original plan was to retro a AL shroud into my ZKW housing, which worked except for the fact that it didn't come with the holders, and after I did the surgery on the AL shroud clips I couldn't get the top clip to fit well enough to hold it in. So I ended up with great light out to about 4 feet in front of my car. When I was shopping around I was unable to find any ZKW bowls, the AL ones work pretty well. I'm happy now because my headlights are brighter than my turn signals for the first time ever lol. Now it's time for me to move onto my VANOS.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I owe a big thanks to fgin. I purchased two E90 projectors from him on Sunday, and they arrived on Thursday packaged very securely. With his help, I was able to install the driver's side last night, and I finished up with the passenger's side today. I am very pleased with the light output, and the retrofit was not difficult. The 2nd side only took 1.5 hours once I knew what I was doing. Again, fgin, thanks for starting this thread, the projectors, and helping me through the process. Cheers!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
I owe a big thanks to fgin. I purchased two E90 projectors from him on Sunday, and they arrived on Thursday packaged very securely. With his help, I was able to install the driver's side last night, and I finished up with the passenger's side today. I am very pleased with the light output, and the retrofit was not difficult. The 2nd side only took 1.5 hours once I knew what I was doing. Again, fgin, thanks for starting this thread, the projectors, and helping me through the process. Cheers!:thumbsup:
Welldone! glad I was of help :thumbsup:

·
Registered
182 Posts
any how-to's with pics? :hi:

·
Registered
775 Posts
HUGE improvement, for very little money/effort. I'll add a few pics to this thread soon. Probably this weekend.

THANKS for the tip!

·
Registered
182 Posts
nice! congrats i need to see at night, although the dark nights are getting shorter i still would like to see when i go out at night :p

41 - 60 of 81 Posts